My son is 11 on 29.12.1995 and is sitting 2 papers one on Saturday 9.9.06 and another 2 on Saturday 16.9.06 containing Verbal Reasoning Non verbal reasoning, English & Maths.
Have just found this forum and am amazed at all of the information contained herein, however the realms of different papers and versions etc etc can be daunting. Therefore I wondered whether anyone could help with regard to the following questions:
1)Can anyone confirm that Lincolnshire use the Standard(rather than Multiple Choice) version for both VR & NVR
2) That Nfer Nelson set both the VR & NVR Papers
3) Are the English & Maths papers set by Nfer Nelson and if so are they Multiple Choice or standard or are they random and they just have to write a story/report etc etc in the english as this is what I am told they have done in the pass
4) The schools have advised that the English & Maths papers are only looked at if it is a border line case. Has anyone else heard this?
5) What is the 'expected' pass mark/percentage for Lincolnshire. I understand that they have to score 110 in each VR & NVR making a total of 220 minimum. How do they score 110 in EACH when there is a maximum of 100 questions in the VR and 60 in the NVR
6) What is HICKNOS?
7) How many types of questions are there. I think I read somewhere on this site that there are 35 different types of questions and that the Nfer Practice papers do not cover all the types.
What practice papers(beside Nfer Nelson) are best for Lincolnshire without bombarding my son with so may practice papers between now and
September that he gets fed up and burned out.
My son sat his practice papers on Thursday 12.7.06 and did quite well but I just want him to be prepared as much as possible. As far as I am aware he would have passed with the % he achieved
Your comments would be greatfully received from a concerned Mum