What Format and Layout Kings Grantham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sean

What Format and Layout Kings Grantham

Post by Sean »

Dear all. Very new to this. Have spent all day on the net in order to find out about 11+ in Lincolnshire particularly for Kings School Grantham. Found this tremendous site. Thank you. Can somebody answer the following questions.

What is the format for Kings School Test, is it standardized or Multiplechoice
What is the layout of these papers. I know there are two papers one or two weeks apart. Is it 100 questions in I hour?
Are the questions a mixture of VR NVR English Maths etc or paper one is different from paper 2
Do we know what percentage of questiions are from each of VR NVR Maths English subjects
What are the recommened papers or company Nfer IPS etc that producers papers which closely match the real tests

Thank you

Sean. A very worried father
Janeo

Post by Janeo »

Sean

Lincolnshire have in the past, used the Nfer verbal reasoning papers. Two papers of 100 questions in 50 minutes. Standard version. No maths or English.

Have a look though at Maria's entry on the Verbal Reasoning Thread dated 21st March. It appears for the first time this year, one paper will be verbal reasoning and one non-verbal reasoning. I would suggest that you contact either your primary school head and/or the head at Kings, they will tell you further regarding whether the number of questions, timing, score etc has also changed.

As far as practice papers are concerned I used IPS, NFER and (against the grain for a few people) the Susan Daughtrey books. You can look at earlier posts on the Lincolnshire thread as to my reasoning on that one.

Hope this helps.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Janeo

Just to clear up a few points.I am only anti Susan Daughtrey [ books 1-7] for Bucks.

They are a good source of verbal reasoning for other areas which cover 35 plus different types of questions and use standard form.

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now