nvr question types

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shellie_eeyore

nvr question types and is lincs nvr multiple choice?

Post by shellie_eeyore »

is there any way anyone can tell me what the 5 different types of questions there is the work ive done so far is 6 types so ive obviously either not got the right thing or im doinf one too many.
Also can anyone tell me is this section of the test multiple choice???
thanks
Alex

Post by Alex »

The types of question are those on the published NfER Nelson tests. I am afraid I can't ever remember the proper names for them! In the real thing only 4 types have been used in the previous two years as the exam has been 3 lots of 16 questions and one lot of 17 questions (65 questions in all) so one type has been missed out - but I am afraid I don't know which it was and whether the same type was missed out both years.

The format is standard type - that is the questions are answered on the paper itself not on a separate answer sheet (though you are still selecting one answer from several possibilities).
shellie_eeyore

Post by shellie_eeyore »

hi alex thanks for the help so far but can i ask you i have printed off the epaers on this site and one of the sections is fractions are they one of the question types as i havent come across fractions before today in anything we have done?? sorry im getting to be a very stressed out mum now lol
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi, see the reply under NVR section - hope it makes sense. I find it a bit difficult to describe the NVR questions and, of course, it is impossible to reproduce examples here, so please ask again if you need clarification.

I think you would do better with the elevenplusexams downloads and hopefully the NFER papers will arrive in time for a some last minute practice.