12/13plus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

secondtimelucky

12/13plus

Post by secondtimelucky »

Can anybody out there help.Our daughter missed the 11 plus by a few marks and our appeal failed.She is now in year 8 .We have scraped to send her to an independent where she is doing ok but we cannot now sustain the fees.We're pretty much on our beam ends but desperate that she continues in a good school.
We are advised that she could sit a 12 or 13 plus and if she passed go on the waiting list at our local grammar.
I have tried in vain to obtain practice or past papers for this. Can anyone out there help.We cannot bear the thougfht of her having to go the local alternative- she'd simply not cope with the regimes amongst many parts of the pupil population there.
Thank you.
Jane.
chad

Post by chad »

Do you know the basis of the test your daughter will be sitting....is it multiple choice or standard....is it curriculum based or VR/NVR based. Most schools administer their own 12+/13+ entry and it can vary from school to school.

I am not from your area, and there are others on the forum that I am sure could advise you better, but if you know the format then there may be papers that are close enough for your daughter to get a feel for the test.
secondtimelucky

Post by secondtimelucky »

As far as I am aware the format is the same as the 11 plus - vr/nvr but the grammar were very coy about it when I asked them.
Apial

Post by Apial »

You have PM
alanincroft

Post by alanincroft »

I know I am a bit late responding but...

In Skegness the so called 12+ is set by the Grammar School and is basically an Engish and Maths exam paper. It would seem to be based on the relevent year sylabus - i.e year 7 or year 8
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now