Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:36 pm 

I noticed that there was a table of appeal stats in the Q&A thread (number of appeals % sucessful etc), but it did not include King's. Does anyone know the figure's for King's or at least anecdotal evidence on how successful they generally are?

Many thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:41 pm 

Hi yesheadjon,
We are in Lincs,in a similar situation to yours-DS missed by 2 marks-though we are appealing different schools.
You need the assistance of the uber helpful Alex,who I have no doubt will be along shortly.
In the meantime,I just wanted to say hello & welcome & keep your chin up :)
Sallyj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:52 pm 

Hi Sallyj,

Thanks for the welcome and the words of support. I have posted a thread on the general 'APPEALS' section and had some useful responses. I was under the impression that at King's school in Grantham the appeal for both non-qualification and admission (there is a 'waiting list' year) was heard at the same time. I will have to contact the school tomorrow. We live in Nottingham and already have a child at the school which complicated things further!!!

Thanks for the reply

Yesheadjon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:06 pm 

Hi yesheadjon,
I know very little about Kings-we're the opposite 'side' to you near Lincoln.
What I do know,as it applies to us too,is that your appeal for non-qualification will be held at the same time as the over subscription one. So first we have to prove our children are bright enough for GS & that the missing marks aren't a true representation of thier capabilies. If that part is successfully passed,we then fight the argument on over subscription !
It's all a bit unfair in my opinion. In many parts of the country,non-qualification is fought before places are allocated,meaning a won appeal therefore automatically puts your child on the list for places-should there be one available. Here,we know that most places will already be filled,long before our appeals are heard !
Sorry to sound such a doom & gloom merchant,I'm not-honestly. All this hasn't put us off. Nothing ventured,nothing gained !
As I posted previously,the person you need with all the Lincolnshire expertise is Alex,so don't worry,your questions will soon be answered.
I wish you & your son all the best for a positive outcome :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:21 pm 

Hi Sallyj,

Best of luck to you to. The thread I refer to is here viewtopic.php?t=9758 All you can do is be genuine and give it your best shot.

Good luck

Yesheadjon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:12 am 

yesheadjon,

Have answered on the appeals thread. Do come back and ask further if you need.