Chatham grammar school for boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mgm

Chatham grammar school for boys

Post by mgm »

Anybody knows how is Chatham Grammar School for boys?
PettswoodFiona

Re: Chatham grammar school for boys

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Sorry, not familiar with this school. If you don't get responses try the Medway section of the forum where there may be more who know the school.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Sorry, not familiar with this school. If you don't get responses try the Medway section of the forum where there may be more who know the school.
You could ask the Mods to move this thread over to Medway

Are you asking because you are considering the school for a future application, or has your DS got a place for September and you don't know anything about the school?

Moved to Medway - Moderator
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
emmab1973

Post by emmab1973 »

Hi. I have only just joined and seen this post, my eldest son has just left Chatham for boys and I can't praise the school enough, it had a tough time going into special measures and may have a bad name for it now? But it's actually turned around into a fantastic school.
They didn't allow study leave for the boys taking their GCSE's so no wasted days off for the kids, they spent the days before their exams going over the subjects, which I believed has helped my son no end.
He in the last few years has turned into a could do better child, into trying his hardest and I think the encouragement from the school really has helped, If we lived closer my youngest would be going to Chatham Grammar, but my first choice would be now Rainham Mark as it's 5 minutes away, but it is a very very strong second choice.
Twizzle

Post by Twizzle »

My son has just finished his first year of Chatham Grammar. It is a fantastic school, very nurturing. He did have some issues with some boys in his form being quite nasty to him but the school dealt with it brilliantly. I would certainly recommend it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now