Please tell me...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

paulap

Please tell me...

Post by paulap »

I'm not the only one stressing about the 11+. Registered my twins this morning. This afternoon they did a mock paper (DD did VR, DS did Maths) for their tutor and they got 72% and 68%. Last week they were getting high 80s, low 90s.

Don't want to be stressed but OMG, I am - big time.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Paulap .... take a deep breath....!!

Yes lots of people get very stressed (fortunatley it is mostly the parents who feel it the kids seem much calmer..) , it is a very stressful experience and I reckon most of the parents posting on here would feel a lot of sympathy for you having twins doing the exam ... twice the number of events to worry about.

Stay posting - plenty of advice and support here
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

Its fair to say I have been having a racing heart and sleepless nights! My daughter is the one thats pushed to do the 11+ I wasn't going to put her in for it, she sees a tutor because she is SEN and her school gives her no 1-1 so I have been paying for a tutor just to give her the support that she should get in school but doesn't, we haven't done loads of 11+ tuition but I hope she passes for her own sake as she wants it so much.

Its stressful times thats for sure!
MedwayMumof1

Post by MedwayMumof1 »

jenhug wrote:Its fair to say I have been having a racing heart and sleepless nights! My daughter is the one thats pushed to do the 11+ I wasn't going to put her in for it, she sees a tutor because she is SEN and her school gives her no 1-1 so I have been paying for a tutor just to give her the support that she should get in school but doesn't, we haven't done loads of 11+ tuition but I hope she passes for her own sake as she wants it so much.

Its stressful times thats for sure!
I know exactly how you feel and I hope that over the next few weeks (and on the day), this website will lend itself to all of us stressed Mums and Dads! My dd was having a go at some maths questions earlier that she had previously got wrong in an exam and 'burst into tears' because she found them too hard. She too wants to go to grammar and is under pressure because 4 or 5 of her friends all want to go to Rainham Mark. They are all a bright bunch but my dd is convinced she will be the one that doesn't pass - I am trying to instill confidence in her but it is not easy because I am exactly like her! She can 'do it' (as can I) but we both give up too quickly!

Any advice appreciated in the stressful run-up.

Thanks
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

My advice would be to keep things in perspective guys. It is very easy to carried off on the 'grammar school' train, and lets face it we all want it or we wouldn't be here. However.....there are plenty more worse things we could all face instead of a 'fail' at 11+, the most important things for our children are their health and happiness, and education certainly falls behind that.
I'm sure everybody knows this already, it just makes you feel better to keep it at the forefront of your mind. :)
paulap

Post by paulap »

Really starting to stress now. Received the test details in the post this morning and I felt physically sick opening them. Am trying to do the "just do your best" act but I'm not sure who I'm trying to kid - them or me.

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to all your children and of course the parents too.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now