Test locations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
testbuster

Test locations

Post by testbuster »

Has anyone got a letter yet about where their child will be sitting the test and other details? Handed in my form last week but so far not a dicky bird. It all strikes me as quite last minute.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I've not received anything either; I do remember from a couple of years ago when DD sat it that it was quite late in coming out...possibly the week before?
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

DS has done the Kent test and we had the letter about a month in advance. I'd feel better knowing all the arrangements by now! I do feel there's not nearly enough information for parents.
paulap

Post by paulap »

Just had a look in the booklet and it says they post the "pack" out in the first week in October.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I actually telephoned admissions and they said we will receive the info letter around a week before the test.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

This is all sounding very top secret 8)
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

I understand the tests are taken in the grammar schools and are according to the primary schools nearest the grammar school - which makes sense if you live near your primary school and therefore the grammar school. However that isn't the case for everyone.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

When my eldest did the medway test two years ago, the letter wasn't greatly exciting I have to say. Just the name of the centre, the test subjects (with approx timetable), and times to drop off and pick up. Oh and what to bring...clear plastic bag/pencil case with pen pencils and rubber etc.
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

Only a week before! What if there's a post strike? I'd like to be sure my form was passed on by the school (online registration not working when I tried), that he's registered and where he will be going! Nothing like being informed! :roll:
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I understand your nerves Testbuster but you don't need more than a week to prepare for your journey. As I've already the stated, the letter only tells you what exams your child will be sitting (and you already know), the test centre (well its one of the grammar schools in Medway - easy to find out directions) and what to bring (clear plastic bag with pen pencils rubber).
If you do not receive your letter the week before then you can telephone Medway Admissions who will, I'm sure, be able to tell you where to go. I've already spoken to them and they were quite helpful. I used the online application and received a confirmation email which they said was all fine.
I know this process can seem daunting if you haven't done it before so I do sympathise with your concerns. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now