Are we all done now?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Not long now to wait Jenhug!! Hang in there.... :)
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

one more sleep! LOL! :wink:
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

jenhug wrote:one more sleep! LOL! :wink:
Or if you are like me, no sleep! Been awake since 3am lol!! :wink:
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

I take medication to sleep so I did actually sleep!

We must all be done now?
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

jenhug wrote: We must all be done now?
I think it must be 'safe' now jenhug, even if the test were a later start than last Saturday, it would be well in progress surely?
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

I would imagine its all over and done with now.

The written piece. My daughter had to write about the proposed closure of the local library, and my friends son had to write about the proposed closure of the local leisure centre. My daughter did hers on Thursday, did they change it slightly on purpose?
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

jenhug wrote:I would imagine its all over and done with now.

The written piece. My daughter had to write about the proposed closure of the local library, and my friends son had to write about the proposed closure of the local leisure centre. My daughter did hers on Thursday, did they change it slightly on purpose?
My daughter did hers on Saturday and it was the Leisure Centre theme, I suppose it could have been a slight change in topic so that children who missed the test were not at an advantage through 'hearsay', although I am not entirely convinced that the change is a massive shift from the original topic.

I have to say I was somewhat surprised that it was a letter; not sure we did enough practice either!! :(
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

It certainly wasn't something we had done a lot of practice with, although her tutor did make her write a letter of application for a job with a witch, so she had had some small practice!

I suppose you just can't prepare for every scenario, just have to hope you have covered as many bases as you can in the run up to it.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

polly0494 wrote:

My daughter did hers on Saturday and it was the Leisure Centre theme, I suppose it could have been a slight change in topic so that children who missed the test were not at an advantage through 'hearsay', although I am not entirely convinced that the change is a massive shift from the original topic.

I have to say I was somewhat surprised that it was a letter; not sure we did enough practice either!! :(
Oh dear. My daughter said it was a swimming pool.
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

dadofkent wrote:
polly0494 wrote:

Oh dear. My daughter said it was a swimming pool.
Leisure Centre / Swimming Pool; I am sure they would not penalise for interpretation, would they? I would think of these as being the same!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now