Are we all done now?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulap

Post by paulap »

Now I'm really worrying so I've decided to "step away from the thread" as there's nothing I can do now :shock: :cry:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulap

Post by paulap »

Belinda wrote:paulap,
Don't pay too much attention to what I say. I'm not a teacher or anything.

I was hoping to reassure parents whose children made some errors that it's not so bad because marks are spread over lots of different areas of writing.
Don't worry hun - it's not you. It's just a combination of everything I suppose. I'm worried sick but there's absolutely nothing I can do to change the result but I'm strangely compelled to keep looking :?
jeanb

Post by jeanb »

My child wrote a letter but some children didn't,they just said it was a persuasive piece?My child didnt know what the date was so just made one up! Maybe I never mentioned the date she would be sitting an exam to decide where she would be spending the next few years of her education! Funny thing is, all week i kept thinking I really must go through how to lay out a letter with her but never got round to it :oops:
mumofmedway

Post by mumofmedway »

:( We didn't go through letters either. I think we concentrated too much on description and making stories interesting.
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

paulap wrote:
Belinda wrote:paulap,
Don't pay too much attention to what I say. I'm not a teacher or anything.

I was hoping to reassure parents whose children made some errors that it's not so bad because marks are spread over lots of different areas of writing.
Don't worry hun - it's not you. It's just a combination of everything I suppose. I'm worried sick but there's absolutely nothing I can do to change the result but I'm strangely compelled to keep looking :?
Feel exactly the same paulap, logged off for an hour or so and said to myself, "no point looking now, it's done and that's it" but strangely I got back from shopping and logged straight on! Not sure I can go without any more sleep, which I think will be the case if I keep reading on! :roll:

Can't do anything about it so why do we torture ourselves so? Roll on results day, whichever day is decided!!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I agree with Belinda, I would imagine only a point or two would be lost by not putting the date of the letter. Surely they would get marked in sections like handwriting, presentation, punctuation, persuasiveness, following the rules, etc.

I wouldn't worry people; all the children were in the same boat and this will be reflected in the standardised scores.