RGS/Chatham Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jdwarwick

RGS/Chatham Girls

Post by jdwarwick »

Anyone got any info on these schools? Have had some feedback from various people on RGS and am now unsure as to whether DS should bother going to the "Taster" session next week. Have heard nothing at all about Chatham Girls and it is such a long time till November.
Thanks in advance.
JD
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

jdwarwick - my advice to you is yes it is informative to hear peoples views but I really wouldn't judge a school wholly on that....nothing replaces having a good look round yourselves. Good luck anyway, I personally don't think there is a 'bad' grammar school in Medway so you can't lose. :)
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

I agree totally medwaymum and asking opinions here is part of that information. We shall visit all the schools we are interested in and then finally decide, hopefully between the grammar schools. (Crosses every digit). However the experiences of others are so valuable and we have many from our friends and neighbours, but I respect so many "posters" here and am interested in their views too. Your own responses on your experiences have been great and on our own visit we found we were in tune with what you had said. Current information on one school from an ex-colleague who I respect immensely, has concerned me. That's why I posted.

Finally ( sorry this seems such a long post) our aim is to visit every school we are interested on an Open Day and not base our judgement on an evening or a taster day alone. The problem for me is that on a taster day dd is on her own and though her opinion is paramount she's still very young and doesn't always see or perhaps sense what we see or sense.

Anyway I have rambled on enough just wanted to thank you and all those who take the time to post with information. It is gratefully received. :lol:
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Hi again jdwarwick - you sound like you are being very thorough and I certainly have no bones with that! Your DD is very lucky to have such a caring parent. I do know people that have found it difficult to choose a school but that is because they have been faced with two or three great choices (too much choice probably!).
My own personal experience was that once we looked at all the schools we knew where we thought was 'right' for our DD and luckily she felt the same!
I am hoping the same will happen with you. Good luck! :)
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

jdwarwick - Ive sent you a pm which appears to have not been picked up yet. :)
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

Has now and have replied. Never had one before!
zink

RGS/Chatham Girls

Post by zink »

My daughter went to RGS and left this year to join the 6th form at the Maths school. The change of school for the 6th form wasn't a reflection on RGS. In my opinion if your daughter is studious and ambitious then RGS is a good place to be.

The school is strict and academic results are the most important though not necessarily the right thing. However, the world is competitive so RGS is realistic rather than idealistic and has a very strong ethos on working hard in order to succeed.
reddebs

Post by reddebs »

jdw I have sent you a PM
red_debs