RMGS is score of 543 enough to get in?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rainhammum

RMGS is score of 543 enough to get in?

Post by rainhammum »

Does anyone know if a score of 543 is good enough to get into RMGS? Do they look for a minimum in any subject? My son is usually good at maths but only got 97. Would be grateful for any advice!

:)
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

Depends on how many apply but even if it is oversubscribed 22 points above the pass mark should be fine. In the past the cut-off has only been 10 points or so over. Also the falling birth rate means there was no need for a higher score last year as fewer applications. Ask the school, the head of year 7 is very helpful. Good luck - we may end up fellow parents.
nearlydone

Post by nearlydone »

I agree with testbuster. In the last two years you haven't needed a certain score to get into RMGS. The score really only matters if it is oversubscribed but the score is a bit over the pass so should be okay. Good luck, you have nothing to lose by putting it in any event as they don't normally publish the cut off point before the forms have to be put in. Even two years ago the cut off was 2 above the pass but I know of someone who failed the actual test and got in on appeal. It really does just depend on how many want to go there in a particular year. Not very helpful I know but unfortunately how it is. I know first time around I found the school selection more stressful than the test and result waiting! This time around I'm far more relaxed about the school selection :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now