Open Days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jdwarwick

Open Days

Post by jdwarwick »

Just interested to know if any other forum members went to Fort Pitt this week. We really enjoyed ourselves and it confirmed our first thoughts after their evening in September.

The decision is made and the form in so I should just go quietly away until March, but I think I must be a bit sad....need reassurance I guess. :oops:
tiredmum

fort pitt

Post by tiredmum »

I have a daughter there, year 10. Over the last few years the school has moved into the big league as far as results are concerned. With an outstanding ofsted too. It suits my child but will not suit all, like most schools really. Head mistress is really visable which i like and the communication with the parents is excellent. There is lots of help at lunch times if you child is falling behind and most of the teachers seem great.

All that said dont send your child there if you think it will be less pressurised than other grammars. The girls work extremely hard and are fast tracked in ALL subjects. This can cause stress if the girls dont carefully plan their time. Luckly my daughter is coping well with it - but i dont agree with total fast tracking, they are so young and i feel for them but im a big softy :lol:
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

We went to Fort Pitt today & really, really liked it (as we had on the open evening too).

We're off to see RGS tomorrow, but we both liked Fort Pitt so much that our minds are almost made up - unless we change them tomorrow lol

x
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

Having just read your other post J D Warwick, I think we may have had some of the same issues with welcoming/not welcoming as you.

Certainly Fort Pitt were extremely welcoming this morning, our (telephone as yet ) experience elsewhere was slightly more frosty, will have to see what the morning brings!
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

Thanks tm it is really reassuring to read what you say. And thanks to ej - it's nice to know what you think is confirmed by others.
Am feeling better now :)
medwaymum

Re: fort pitt

Post by medwaymum »

tiredmum wrote:I have a daughter there, year 10. Over the last few years the school has moved into the big league as far as results are concerned. With an outstanding ofsted too. It suits my child but will not suit all, like most schools really. Head mistress is really visable which i like and the communication with the parents is excellent. There is lots of help at lunch times if you child is falling behind and most of the teachers seem great.

All that said dont send your child there if you think it will be less pressurised than other grammars. The girls work extremely hard and are fast tracked in ALL subjects. This can cause stress if the girls dont carefully plan their time. Luckly my daughter is coping well with it - but i dont agree with total fast tracking, they are so young and i feel for them but im a big softy :lol:
Totally agree, tiredmum! My daughter is in year 8 and we know we've made the right choice for her.
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

Well we've decided. Looked at RGS this morning & dd & I both felt Fort Pitt is a better choice for her . Roll on September!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Nice choice Emmajane :)

It certainly seems that in the last few years that FP is gaining in popularity, which is good to know as I feel some years ago it was seen as the 'underdog' whereas like tiredmum states, it is not the 'easy' option, they work the girls well there to the best of their ability, but without overdoing it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now