Stressing already about NEXT years Fort Pitt admissions :(

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rubyhettybetty

Stressing already about NEXT years Fort Pitt admissions :(

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Hi

I know it's a busy time for you guys with kids starting in Sept 2010.....but I have been reading what I think you refer to as 'the other site' and have scared the p4nts off myself! My eldest DD is doing her 11+ Sept 2010 (Medway test only) and tbh I think she'll pass; she's bright, nearly top of her class and is having tutoring every week ....

BUT we live out on the Peninsula, and she's dead set on Fort Pitt....how can I find out where the boundary has been set for admissions into Fort Pitt now they have decreased their places?

Help! :-@
ecstaticmum

Post by ecstaticmum »

Hi Ruby
We in Hoo my son has just been allocated his second choice Chatham Grammar which I am very pleased about, 1st choice was Sir Joseph Williams which is always oversubscribed so knew we had practically NO CHANCE getting him in this school due to our location. Saying that the bus stops outside my house to take children to SJW I did speak to some of the boys who informed that they ALL got in on appeal. I will be appealing as I have nothing to lose. Just thought this might help.
Just checked 2009 Fort Pitt admission number 150, allocated places 103 so you really shouldnt have a problem.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

ecstaticmum wrote:Hi Ruby
We in Hoo my son has just be allocated his second choice Chatham Grammar which I am very pleased about, 1st choice was Sir Joseph Williams which is always oversubscribed so knew we had practically NO CHANCE getting him in this school due to our location. Saying that the bus stops outside my house to take children to SJW I did spoke with the children who informed that they ALL got in on appeal. I will be appealing as I have nothing to lose. Just thought this might help.
Thanks - we are further out than you in the home of the heron :-] - I have 3 girls so this is just the start of 4 yrs of torture!!

I would deffo appeal if I was you...

Have you heard of kids passing the 11+ and not getting offered grammar places?
ecstaticmum

Post by ecstaticmum »

Just checked 2009 Fort Pitt admission number 150, allocated places 103 so you really shouldnt have a problem.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

ecstaticmum wrote:Just checked 2009 Fort Pitt admission number 150, allocated places 103 so you really shouldnt have a problem.
They are going down to 120 places from this intake, but even so, shouldn't be a problem then!! Hopefully just 'that chap' scaremongering :(

thanks
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

just read on "that chaps" website that this year fort pitt is oversubscribed! First time for who knows how long :o
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

tiredmum wrote:just read on "that chaps" website that this year fort pitt is oversubscribed! First time for who knows how long :o
I suspected this would happen. FP has been gaining momentum in popularity for the last couple of years and this years attendees of the open days/evenings were very favourable of FP. As a parent of a child at the school its great because it shows what a fantastic job the Head and staff are doing at FP. I would try not to worry however as every year does seem to be different and it seems that most grammar schools seem to be harder and harder to get into - IMHO.

All you can do is work hard, practice papers and read the oversubscription criteria in the Secondary Admission booklets when they are out. If you have 5 or 6 places to fill on your SCAF - fill them ALL!
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

Don't know if this helps but a friend's DD didn't get a place she lives about 5 miles from the school.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

my dd's friend didnt get a place and she lives less than 4 miles away :!:
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

tiredmum wrote:my dd's friend didnt get a place and she lives less than 4 miles away :!:
That is certainly odd as I know of somebody 4 miles away that has successfully gained a place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now