Medway practice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Applepie

Medway practice

Post by Applepie »

Have you all done the practice exam for Medway?. The head called me in to say he had received a practice paper and would be allowing her to have a go, but he has not done this yet . How long should I leave it before going into school again?
tiredmum

Re: Medway practice

Post by tiredmum »

I think the medway schools do the practice test this week - should really do them by wed i would think:)
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

Don't think Medway is like Kent in that it is not normal to have practice paper. It is up to individual schools. Some schools prepare for test and others don't. Have had two DCs go through 11plus and neither did a 'practice paper' at school.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

i think medway send practice papers to schools - it may be up to schools if they let the children do them. They are only the ones you buy in smiths - its hardly "preparing" the kids - both my dd's did them at their medway school - a maths and a verbal but no writing. :)
Applepie

Post by Applepie »

Thanks for replies i will wait until Wednesday and then go in and remind Head. Its a Kent school not a Medway one,
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Our Medway head promised the kids would have one morning of prep - they haven't had it yet, so I wonder if they are intending to use the practice test?

Will ask DD as don't want to put too much on her this week at home before Saturday