Maths Paper Time Muck up !!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Belinda

Re: Maths Paper Time Muck up !!!

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Just seen this muck up tonight on the bbc news! My husband seems to think that to avoid mass appeals about this the 11-plus people will make sure all the children who were in that room get a reasonable mark for their maths paper! Hmmm Dont know about that but if any of those dc's then didnt score well on the paper that came after the maths muck-up, the dc's could well be upset still from what has just happened.

It seems that year after year there is some sort of problem reported, last year in the kent test the NVR wasnt timed correctly, some places were giving 6 mins for 18 questions! A few years ago when dd1 took the medway test many children were literally wailing and disturbing others - this was the first time all dc's did the test at centres and not their own schools - it was so dis-organised many dc's were visably upset.
paulap

Post by paulap »

tiredmum wrote:Just seen this muck up tonight on the bbc news! My husband seems to think that to avoid mass appeals about this the 11-plus people will make sure all the children who were in that room get a reasonable mark for their maths paper! Hmmm Dont know about that but if any of those dc's then didnt score well on the paper that came after the maths muck-up, the dc's could well be upset still from what has just happened.

It seems that year after year there is some sort of problem reported, last year in the kent test the NVR wasnt timed correctly, some places were giving 6 mins for 18 questions! A few years ago when dd1 took the medway test many children were literally wailing and disturbing others - this was the first time all dc's did the test at centres and not their own schools - it was so dis-organised many dc's were visably upset.
I agree - there always seems to be some sort of problem. My twins took it last year and one of the other children literally sobbed all the way through every test. My two were actually given each other's papers but luckily my daughter noticed that she had my son's paper before the test started and they were swapped round.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

paulap wrote: My twins took it last year and one of the other children literally sobbed all the way through every test. My two were actually given each other's papers but luckily my daughter noticed that she had my son's paper before the test started and they were swapped round.
oh my goodness! I know they both passed but imagine if they hadnt noticed the swap and one twin actually passed for the other one!
paulap

Post by paulap »

tiredmum wrote:
paulap wrote: My twins took it last year and one of the other children literally sobbed all the way through every test. My two were actually given each other's papers but luckily my daughter noticed that she had my son's paper before the test started and they were swapped round.
oh my goodness! I know they both passed but imagine if they hadnt noticed the swap and one twin actually passed for the other one!
That was our thought - but I suppose if they hadn't noticed it, we wouldn't have known any different.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Just thinking of you guys. I hope the mix up didnt affect your DC's results please do let us know how they got on.
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

yes loopy - thinking about you?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now