2007 results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

maggie s

Post by maggie s »

Had a meeting with school today and they have had a change of heart. The information they told us over the phone was incorrect....apparently and they will now recommend grammar. Still not out of the woods but feel a lot better about things.

Maggie S

Post by Guest »

My son did not pass but his school is backing us with an appeal :) His score was 509.
We are proud of him whatever the outcome but he has his heart set on a particular Grammar school that we looked at.
Guestling 22

poor result

Post by Guestling 22 »

My son failed with a score of 500. His head says we should review as his previous marks are all 140 and above and he is 5 's across the board.
Is this worth it because of such a low 11+ mark.
Thanks

Re: poor result

Post by Guest »

Guestling 22 wrote:My son failed with a score of 500. His head says we should review as his previous marks are all 140 and above and he is 5 's across the board.
Thanks
I would suggest going for a review. if the evidence is that your son is working consistently above average you could argue that he would cope with the pace and intensity of a Grammar school education.

All is not lost, in the end what matters is the quality of GCSEs and A levels that your son achieves at 16/18. However, a Grammar school education is most likely to provide the best opportunity to achieve high level GCSE passes.

If you don't succeed with an appeal just make sure your son stays in the top stream or set at the comprehensive school.
Guestling 22

Re: poor result

Post by Guestling 22 »

Anonymous wrote:
Guestling 22 wrote:My son failed with a score of 500. His head says we should review as his previous marks are all 140 and above and he is 5 's across the board.
Thanks
I would suggest going for a review. if the evidence is that your son is working consistently above average you could argue that he would cope with the pace and intensity of a Grammar school education.

All is not lost, in the end what matters is the quality of GCSEs and A levels that your son achieves at 16/18. However, a Grammar school education is most likely to provide the best opportunity to achieve high level GCSE passes.

If you don't succeed with an appeal just make sure your son stays in the top stream or set at the comprehensive school.
Thanks for that. I beleive us parents worry more about this exam than the children do.
Embleton

Post by Embleton »

Is anybody else in Medway happy today or is it only me? :D Commiserations to anybody who didn't get their first choice school but at the end of the day encouragement to your child will help them to fulfill their potential wherever they are.
happymedwaymum

Post by happymedwaymum »

I am happy too today, my son passed and got into our first choice, Rainham Mark Grammar !!
suzanne

Yippppeeeeeeeee

Post by suzanne »

my son passed AND got into sir joseph williamson mathematical school. Which is where his older brother also goes. Great school by the way.

Yippeeeeee. I can rest in peace now!!! and thankgod i have now more kids lol
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
claire

Post by claire »

Yes! We are extremely happy - our son got his (and our) first choice, the Maths! It has been an incredibly stressful, daunting process and I am so glad it is now over. My commiserations and best wishes are with all of you for whom it was not good news - I know how we would be feeling.

Many thanks to this wonderful website for keeping me sane and making me laugh over the last few months.