What's a good Score ??? in Medway

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
murf123

What's a good Score ??? in Medway

Post by murf123 »

hi everyone just found out my sons score and was wondering what the top marks were in medway is there any way to find out it will help to know what school to go for

Benoit

Re: What's a good Score ??? in Medway

Post by Benoit »

Anything above 507 is a good score!!

Last year RGS was the pickiest 'Super Selective' School and took girls with 534 and above. I suspect, with a lower pass mark this year, if any schools are oversubscribed and become extra selective (Rainham Mark was too last year) then it will be less than the 534 mark but it is difficult to tell.

The highest mark I have heard today was 591. A very clever girl, tutored for years and also born in the younger months of the year. She missed about 7 questions on the maths test too!

I don't know why people don't post their scores. It is anonymous and will give people an idea.
My daughter got 566. She thought she either failed or scraped it as she missed about 9 questions on the Maths so we are all relieved and very happy for her.
Benoit
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

dadofkent posted this in another thread -which is useful
If it is of assistance to those involved in the Kent test, do not try to compare directly the Medway score marks with the (anticipated) Kent score marks, even after ignoring the doubling of the English and Maths. As I understand it, Medway and Kent are standardised differently, Medway being assessed just against the Medway cohort, and Kent assessed against a national sample. Hence why there are far more 140's in Kent than there are 140's (or 280's) in Medway. As a very rough estimate, with the assistance of my DC's results from previously, I would suggest scores of 120ish in Medway could be equated with to about 130/135 in Kent, a total of 600 (after doubling) in Medway with about 400 in Kent, and about 105'ish in Medway with about the pass mark of 115/120 in Kent. However, whether your child is good or bad in English could affect significantly any comparison.

I posted somewhere else that last year RGS took 13 points above the pass mark and 2 years ago they only went 8 marks above.

RMGS - just a few marks above last year.
Benoit

Post by Benoit »

murf123,

Was it just the Medway Test you were concerned about?
Benoit
murf123

Post by murf123 »

my son was also born in the early months

he to missed 7 questions in the maths

really pleased he got 605
murf123

Post by murf123 »

yeah just medway

thanks
Benoit

Post by Benoit »

Would say that was a fantastic score! The highest I have heard of today. Well done to him!
Benoit
Snow

Post by Snow »

657 for my DS and I'm really pleased as English is his second lanquage and I worried a lot about the extended writing.
music-mum

Post by music-mum »

Thanks for asking the question - I had been searching to find out!

My DD did much better then she thought, managed a very high score so she is very very pleased! As are her parents!
Benoit

Post by Benoit »

657 is amazing. I can't see how the top mark could be much higher!

The scores I have heard from my daughter's friends are 591, 585, 566, 533. Out of those in her class who took the test, I think only 2 out of the 17 were unsuccessful.
Benoit
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now