2012 admittance procedures are in draft

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiredmum

Re: 2012 admittance procedures are in draft

Post by tiredmum »

i dont know ruby - thats a difficult one- you cant have 25% selective one year and 30% the next - would be a minefeild for appeals if you child was in a 25% year and was at the 26% level for example! I think maybe its the actual test they will look at.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

The comment received from 1 secondary school was with regard to how grammar school testing is delivered and whether Medway should be looking to deem a specific number of children as selective (i.e. to reflect the number of grammar school places available each year) rather than working to a particular percentage of children (i.e 25% of the cohort each year). The school feel that this would help all grammar schools to be full each year and have a positive impact on the outcome of appeals for grammar schools. Medway’s response to this is that during the course of 2011, officers plan to undertake a review of how testing is delivered and how pupils are deemed selective. The results of this review will be put forward for consideration with a view to be implemented for 2013 admissions

This is the full extract from the Cabinet report on the 15th Feb....
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

ohhhh
sounds sensible to fill numbers but people will always want a school they are not allocated - maybe they need to change the criteria so that a grammar should take dc's if its their nearest grammar! that would suit you :lol: i suspect FP have accepted dd's who are nearer to another grammar but just happen to be nearer than you to FP.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Oh yes, no doubt about it at all - and all those Kent folk nicking our spaces, grr ;)

I do really feel for parents of kids though who could be grammar material, flunk the test, and can see empty grammar places whilst they make the best of the nearby comps :( Not everyone knows how to appeal etc :(