2007 results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PandoraDeus

2007 results

Post by PandoraDeus »

when do the results come out?
My daughter has been away from school all week with tonsilitis and some of her classmates have told her that the results are sue out tomorrow
I thought it would be a few more weeks yet - any ideas?
Embleton

Post by Embleton »

The result has just arrived on our doorstep our dd has passed. The pass mark for this year is 519.
Can't wait untill March to find out whether she has got into Rochester Girls or not. :lol: :D
PandoraDeus

Post by PandoraDeus »

congratulations
unfortunately my dd didn't and she is devastated.
She missed the pass mark (?) by quite a lot and both me & her dad are really surprised. So now we're off to buy a man sized box of tissues and decide what to do next
COngratulations to all those other children that passed and commiserations to those that didn't
Embleton

Post by Embleton »

I'm sorry about that Pandora. I'm sure your dd will be in the top stream at her school. Many years ago when I took the 11+ a girl at my school a girl, who everybody thought would pass didn't. She subsequently went on to own her own tennis school in Florida, sold that and now sells multi million dollar real estate in New York. Passing exams aren't everything.
PandoraDeus

Post by PandoraDeus »

I feel so desperately sorry for her - She's been crying since the results came and I don't know what to say to her to make her feel better.
We will be speaking to her headteacher to see if its worth appealing
Interestingly her marks for the essay were really low, that surprised me seeing as she feels maths is her weakest subject, she didn't do so badly in that.

But you're right Embleton, exams aren't everything but when you're 11 and been told all the way through that you're really clever and then fail this - oh well - pass the hankies!
Chappers

Results

Post by Chappers »

My daughter has just found out she's passed, so obviously very pleased. My wife tells me that 519 is quite a high pass mark compared to previous yrs.

Post by Guest »

Just found out my daughter has passed. Quite suprised as she has been addament that she would not have been deamed suitable.
Remember every child that sat this test is winner they are all extremley brave. Not one child that took the test is a failure.
michele

appeal or not

Post by michele »

My son has just got his results. Unfortunately he did not pass.
The pass mark for previous years seem alot lower than this years 519.
My son got 512 is it worth an appeal? can anyone help?
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

yes its worth an appeal. Last year my friends son was 20 points below the pass mark, they tried and he got a place at Chatham Grammer for Boys.
icarus

2007 results

Post by icarus »

My daughter got her results this morning,unfortunately she did not pass.
she was upset but is feeling better tonight.She scored 499,twenty points under.Is this worth an appeal?
Does anyone know if this is a close score?Maths is her weakest subject.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now