RGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LtBrick

RGS

Post by LtBrick »

Any one got any idea of what sort of score RGS will be looking for?
mummblesmum

Re: RGS

Post by mummblesmum »

Not sure either. Would be interested to know your thoughts.
reddebs

Post by reddebs »

In recent years they have set a passmark of within 10 of the Medway so if that is maintained you are looking at around 515. They will take appeals for less as well so do not believe the hype.
red_debs
Allbutdone

Post by Allbutdone »

Last year pass mark was 508 and according to the Admissions Document the lowest score was 513. But I think they have also increased their PAN by 10 this year so that should have an impact on the score needed. :)
natalie1974

Post by natalie1974 »

And I know the year before , so this years Year 8 , they took a girl who didn't pass as the head teacher said this at his talk when we visited last year . My daughter has just started RGS and loves it ! Bit mental on the homework front , easing them in was 15 pieces of homework in the first week :shock: but luckily she is used to homework so it wasn't too much of a shock to her .

But that said ALL the schools we visited were brilliant , they really all are on par with each other I thought but this is obviously my own personal opinion .
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

I wouldn't imagine it would be too many in excess of the pass mark - we know one child who got the pass mark for this years intake but sadly the appeals said she was the 10th and they only let 9 in or something like that...but for your sanity, 1st round in is always preferable!
zink

Post by zink »

The threshold isn't as high as youi might expect, and even when a child scores the pass mark or just misses the mark they can still get in on appeal.

My daughter started this September and loves it. There is a mix of year groups in the form so they have the older girls to rely on for support. Homework is just starting to build up but it's all manageable.