Results in....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Moostersmum

Re: Results in....

Post by Moostersmum »

Thanks guys. DD got 516 so hoping enough to get into RGS. Really hoping to get into Highsted because of location but RGS 2nd choice.

Monstersmum laughed when I saw your name... Love it!!!

Just waiting for Kent results now but have a fear she didn't fair as well...
Moostersmum

Post by Moostersmum »

Sorry what does PAN mean? X
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

PAN is planned admission number. So they will take 10 more girls. Now it makes sense your question about score. Can't say if your score will be enough but know some girls get in on appeal with lower scores so worth considering if needs be. Is Rainham Mark a possibility for you? Think they take a lower score than RGS. From Maidstone it's quicker to get there than RGS so maybe you have a similar bus?

http://www.nu-venture.co.uk/130_131_260312.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are also waiting on Kent but this result has definetly taken the pressure off!
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

PAN is planned admission number. So they will take 10 more girls. Now it makes sense your question about score. Can't say if your score will be enough but know some girls get in on appeal with lower scores so worth considering if needs be. Is Rainham Mark a possibility for you? Think they take a lower score than RGS. From Maidstone it's quicker to get there than RGS so maybe you have a similar bus?

http://www.nu-venture.co.uk/130_131_260312.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are also waiting on Kent but this result has definetly taken the pressure off!
Moostersmum

Post by Moostersmum »

Coming from Sheppey so bit of a trek. Thanks for all the info... Fingers crossed for 17th... Lol
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

Hi there Moostersmum, just wanted to pop on & say that if you do end up going down the Medway route, then my DC's travel from Minster to RMGS, this was our first choice school and have to admit, at first we thought the travel would be impossible. As it turns out it's very reasonable, it's an hour door-door and only involves 20mins on the train, if DC's had gone to schools in Sittingbourne they would have left the house at 7.15a.m. as it is, we leave the house at 7.30. So actually they are out later & home earlier than if they had to get the bus to Sittingbourne!! If you require further info then please feel free to ask and best of luck for the 17th!! :)
Yazzi

Post by Yazzi »

Hi guys
Thanks for your support. Can anyone assist with how I need to write the review?
Moostersmum

Post by Moostersmum »

Frustratedmum wrote:Hi there Moostersmum, just wanted to pop on & say that if you do end up going down the Medway route, then my DC's travel from Minster to RMGS, this was our first choice school and have to admit, at first we thought the travel would be impossible. As it turns out it's very reasonable, it's an hour door-door and only involves 20mins on the train, if DC's had gone to schools in Sittingbourne they would have left the house at 7.15a.m. as it is, we leave the house at 7.30. So actually they are out later & home earlier than if they had to get the bus to Sittingbourne!! If you require further info then please feel free to ask and best of luck for the 17th!! :)
Hi Frustratedmum... Thanks made me feel a lot better. I just worry when DD gets off train at Chatham and then it's a bus ride. From what I can see not many buses go past RGS. But I may be wrong?? Any advice you can give would be good thanks... :D
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

If she stayed on the train to Rochester, then walked a short way up to Victoria Street (where the police station used to be if you know Rochester), she could then get a bus up the hill. Lots of them do (or walk the whole way up), I see them on my way to the station.

Not sure of the bus numbers, but could take a look at the bus stop next week if you like.

But as well as the usual buses, there are the school buses going up that way - don't know if they show on the bus stop or not, as we are close enough not to bother with buses.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

monstermum wrote: I don't know if my DD would have even taken the test without this site and Samlet's advice.
Gosh, that's humbling monstermum, thanks. :oops: :oops: :oops:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now