Appeals to Chatham Grammar School for Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lorraine40

Appeals to Chatham Grammar School for Boys

Post by Lorraine40 »

Am thinking of appealing to Chatham Grammar School for Boys, can anyone tell me if they have had a succesfull appeal there after having a review and failed. Any ideas on what to do at appeal would be very helpful as well, as have no idea, what will happen at the appeal after not getting through on a review, have heard stories about the fact that they won't look at his work you just have to prove the review process is unfair, but I really have no idea how I could do that. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated. Especially from someone who has done it already.
hermanmunster

Re: Appeals to Chatham Grammar School for Boys

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Lorraine.

Have searched on Chatham in the appeals section and have come up some posts - might be worth having a look through these and contacting people by private message to get some info

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... mit=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lorraine40

Post by Lorraine40 »

Thanks for that, appreciate it, but none of them seem to be applicable to my problem and they are all very old posts if anyone, has anything information from the last two years would be greatly appreciated.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Hi Lorraine

Do you know that as well as appealing, this year there are two more possible ways to get a place at Chatham Boys (assuming your DS didn't pass the Kent test as they will accept that instead of Medway test)?

In March (9th I think), they have their own exams (English, Maths, VR and NVR) to fill up empty spaces. If any are still left after that, they will take boys based on SATS results. You can put your DS in for the March exam as well as appealing.

I suggest you contact the school to talk about this. Because of the falling numbers they are taking extra steps to fill their spaces.

I'm not sure how these measures will affect the appeals process - will they say take our test instead?
Shevek

Post by Shevek »

Also remember that they will take a Kent Pass as well this year
Lorraine40

Post by Lorraine40 »

Hi thanks for your comments, yes I did know about the Tests which we are going to do, and unfortunately I didn't enter him for the the Kent Test as well as the Medway tests which I should have done, really just want information on appeals as trying to think about the future and what if he doesn't pass the tests at Chatham Grammar just want to really know whats involved in an appeals process at that school, just so I can be prepared if I want to do an appeal. Hopefully I won't have to.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now