12+ Maths School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

esw4

12+ Maths School

Post by esw4 »

Hello my son didn't take his 11 plus due to a bereavement and I was wondering if anyone knew if there is such a thing as the 12+ in medway and whether themaths School
Participate. Thank you
Lorraine40

Re: 12+ Maths School

Post by Lorraine40 »

Hi you can request to take the 11+ at anytime as you haven't taken it already. My daughter failed her 11+ by a few points. When she was in the first year at Secondary school year 7 think it was around Christmas time I contacted the council and asked them to review her work to see if she can then be moved to a Grammar School, they requested all her books and sent them to a Grammar School to be reviewed, you can request any school as long as they have places in that year, the year she requested they all had places. Not sure if that is the same now, they reviewed her work and said she could move but by that time, she had made some really nice friends and the school asked if she she would stay with them. She was already in the top group for maths, english and science and in fact it has made her alot more confident staying where she is, being top of her class, so we made the right decision she is now in Year 11 and doing fantastically. You have to do what you think is best. They probably won't review and ask you to take the 11+ test first.
Samlet

Re: 12+ Maths School

Post by Samlet »

It will depend on whether there are spaces in the year you want him to go into. If you let me know the year, (by pm if you want), I can ask DS to find out.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now