Rochester grammar - Uniform List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mumx4

Rochester grammar - Uniform List

Post by Mumx4 »

Hi everyone it's been pretty quiet here, like the previous poster mentioned. Congrats to those who have got admissions and all the best of luck to those on waiting lists or appealing.
I need some advice pls regarding school uniforms at RGS. I have received the Year 7 booklet and it's a bit overwhelming with the list of things we need. Anyone who has gone through this stage who can give any hints or tips should please let me know if possible.

Thanks
Allbutdone

Re: Rochester grammar - Uniform List

Post by Allbutdone »

Hi,

There are 2 suppliers of the uniform and on the taster day in July, you can often buy the bulk of the uniform from the supplier who comes into the school over the holiday (beware ordering from the taster day supplier (Taylors) - I did this for dd2 and the order was completely messed up and we had to do an urgent run over to the school shop the day before she started. I bought everything a bit big and it has lasted my ever growing dd the last 2 years (Simmonds is the better quality in my mind having had dd1 try uniforms from both). Basically 4 blouses, 1 kilt, 1 blazer, 1 jumper, science overall, 1 school sweatshirt, 2 polos - 1 white and 1 in house colour, 1 jogging bottoms, 1 skort, 1 pair of shorts, 1 PE bag. Usually there is deal on getting the initials embroidered onto the sports gear. One good thing is the kilts are really hard wearing and seem to last forever, just a shame my daughter keeps on growing! (there is also a secondhand shop that sells good quality uniform). Hope this helps. :D
Mumx4

Re: Rochester grammar - Uniform List

Post by Mumx4 »

Thanks for all your info- it is very helpful. I hope I can provide such valuable advice too in a few years time :D