Views on Rainham Mark Grammar School (RMGS)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Woodham

Views on Rainham Mark Grammar School (RMGS)

Post by Woodham »

I might be moving to Parkwood, Rainham and I am thinking of sending my ds to Rainham Mark Grammar School (RMGS). Has anybody got a ds or dd currently attending the school or a ds or dd that attended it in the past? Does the school have a good reputation? What are your overall views of RMGS?
Woodham

Re: Views on Rainham Mark Grammar School (RMGS)

Post by Woodham »

Anyone?
reddebs

Post by reddebs »

Hi I am a local tutor and many of the children I teach want to apply to Rainham Mark, it is a co-ed with more boys than girls attending. It has a good reputation locally and in the last couple of years has set a cut off mark about 5 marks above the Medway test pass mark. In my opinion it offers a good education and has good pastural care. I have heard that the amount of homework tends to go in waves of not enough or too much but I think this can be said of any school.
The feedback I get from parents whose children have been there for a number of years is that they are happy and educated to a high standard.
I'm not sure what age your child is and whether they already attend a grammar school, depending on that you may have to sit an 'entrance' test; also as it is so popular there may not be spaces in the year group you need so you may have to go on the waiting list.

PM me if you want any more details.
red_debs
Woodham

Post by Woodham »

reddebs wrote:Hi I am a local tutor and many of the children I teach want to apply to Rainham Mark, it is a co-ed with more boys than girls attending. It has a good reputation locally and in the last couple of years has set a cut off mark about 5 marks above the Medway test pass mark. In my opinion it offers a good education and has good pastural care. I have heard that the amount of homework tends to go in waves of not enough or too much but I think this can be said of any school.
The feedback I get from parents whose children have been there for a number of years is that they are happy and educated to a high standard.
I'm not sure what age your child is and whether they already attend a grammar school, depending on that you may have to sit an 'entrance' test; also as it is so popular there may not be spaces in the year group you need so you may have to go on the waiting list.

PM me if you want any more details.

Thanks for your reply reddebs.

Any other comments views from other forum members would be appreciated.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now