Pass mark is 525!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
choccieaddict

tears and disappointment for my daughter

Post by choccieaddict »

my daughter missed the pass mark by 14 points. Any ideas on whether it would be worth appealing? She had level 4a (tests, and 5s for teacher assessment) at end of Year 5 and 2As for the KS1 tests.

Re: tears and disappointment for my daughter

Post by Guest »

choccieaddict wrote:my daughter missed the pass mark by 14 points. Any ideas on whether it would be worth appealing? She had level 4a (tests, and 5s for teacher assessment) at end of Year 5 and 2As for the KS1 tests.
I would take advice from her teachers.

What colour envelope was yours in?
guest123

Post by guest123 »

Our envelope was white and it was a fail 482!
choccieaddict

Post by choccieaddict »

white envelope here too.

Post by Guest »

ours was white and a pass, :) 574 very happy
reddebs

Post by reddebs »

envelope white mark 556 and a smiling daughter and mum.

Hugs to all -
reddebs
Anne42

Anne42

Post by Anne42 »

Daughter got 502 . Well done to all the children that made it , particularly the older ones.
Choccie , i know of 2 girls in previous years , who failed by 14 , they were successful and now go to Chatham Grammr.

Post by Guest »

Anne, thanks for the encouragement. Daughter is torn between wanting to go to Grammar or going to High school and not struggling there. What has upset her most though is the expectations of others who felt she deserved to pass, and that her closest friend did pass while they are both of similar ability.
School visits to look forward to now...twice as many too, Highs and Grammars! :roll:
choccieaddict

Post by choccieaddict »

Anne, last post replying to yours was from me, I forgot to add my username :oops:
Anne42

Ann42

Post by Anne42 »

My other daughter failed by 10 , 4 years ago . She goes to Rainham Girls & is really happy there , she is taking 10 gcse's , Eng a year early . So i think whatever school you choose , if your children have only just missed the mark they will do well .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now