appeal results today !!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

appeal results today !!

Post by Guest »

Good news for us. Received results today and decision was selective.Was hopeful as we only missed by one point!
Next decision is what grammer school to choose.Chatham grammer for Girls or fort pitt for girls?

Good luck to all others with the appeal results.
hippo

Post by hippo »

Good news for us too, a non-selecive place! These past two weeks have been agony, a real rollrcoaster of emotion. Having viewed the schools my daughter's absolute favourite was a non-selective. Lots of her friends are hoping to go there, lots of friends are already there. Visiting was like being at home, a friendly face at every turn.
I make no excuses for being very anti-selection, but felt we had to "play the game". We feel happy and confident in our choice of a non-selective, believing it to be the very best place for our daughter. If she had been allocated a grammar place I feel that the pressure could have knocked her confidence. The non-selective environment will,we feel, nurture her confidence.
The second rejection letter in a fornight was greeted by her with a whoop of delight. She is now enthusiastic and happy about the transfer to secondary.
Parents, please do not undervalue our non-selective schools, there are some excellent ones out there. Grammar schools are great for some children, others will thrive more in a less pressurised environment.
A great big congratulations to those who did get a grammar place in this second round, for those who did not , perhaps it's for the best. We all want our children to do well, if they are happy and confident they most certainly will!
Very best wishes to all you fantastic Medway parents.
Hippo
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Hippo. You are SO lucky. I would much prefer my second son to have the opportunity to go to a good non-selective school like the one you describe. I think he would enjoy it much more than the hot-house atmosphere of a grammar. Unfortunately, where we live, his most feasible options are a boys' grammar which has just had an outstanding Ofsted report or a huge non-selective school which has just had an apalling ofsted report and been put into special measure. Oh for something in between!!

His brother goes to the grammar and it's exactly the right environment for him, but although No. 2 son gets better grades i'm just not sure it's right for him. We've played the selective game this time round rather as a means of keeping him out of a poor school rather than trying to get him into a good school!
hippo

Post by hippo »

I really do feel for you Bexley Mum. I think the whole process is awful - EVERY child deserves the best, not just those deemed good enough for grammar. Those lucky enough to get a grammar place can be sure of a decent education even if they do not get into their first choice grammar school. Those who have to venture down the non selective route by choice or circumstance do not have that safety net, it's a real lottery. In Medway 77 percent have to face this, whilst the minority 23 percent can be assured of a good school whatever happens. To me that's just not fair. I am really happy for all those who've secured a grammar place, and hope that those who have not do find a place in a good non selective, some may not be lucky.
We now have an anxious wait until March to see if we do get allocated a place in our school of choice. Good luck with your efforts!
Best wishes to all,
Hippo
gilliswift

choice of school

Post by gilliswift »

Great news about the APPEAL - MY ADVICE TO YOU IS FORT PITT!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now