Rochester maths or Chatham grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

N&W

Rochester maths or Chatham grammar

Post by N&W »

My ds passed with an impressive score. My dilemma now is do I put Rochester maths as first choice or Chatham Grammar? Rochester maths seems to be the first choice for many due to its good reputation but this involves 30-45 minutes travelling. Chatham grammar, on the other hand, is a fifteen minute walk. I understand that Chatham Grammar is now rated 'good' by ofsted. Does anyone have first hand experience to help me with this decision?
mad11plus

Re: Rochester maths or Chatham grammar

Post by mad11plus »

Yes. It is also good. My friends son goes there.
These ratings keep changing. Not very great for Music but sports which boys like is good.
olucares

Post by olucares »

N&W wrote:My ds passed with an impressive score. My dilemma now is do I put Rochester maths as first choice or Chatham Grammar? Rochester maths seems to be the first choice for many due to its good reputation but this involves 30-45 minutes travelling. Chatham grammar, on the other hand, is a fifteen minute walk. I understand that Chatham Grammar is now rated 'good' by ofsted. Does anyone have first hand experience to help me with this decision?
The Math definitely for me.
N&W

Post by N&W »

Thank you both for your input. Chatham grammar has an open evening tonight so will be going there.
Superstarxxx

Post by Superstarxxx »

Chatham grammar is a fantastic school! My son is in year 9 and has been so well nurtured over his time there. It is only 4 form entry so the staff know the boys so well and the ethos is lovely. Music is also on the up now with a wonderful new music teacher who has just set up an orchestra.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now