Feedback from Medway Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Silver

Feedback from Medway Test

Post by Silver »

Hi any feedback from Medway Test today? How did your DD's find it?
Silver

Re: Feedback from Medway Test

Post by Silver »

Anyone?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Pleased do not reveal any test content, number of questions, type of questions etc as some children may sit the test at a later date
Thank you
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Hi silver, we sat today. About 10 kids from my dd’s school all reporting that it was ok/easy/ easier than Kent....
Silver

Post by Silver »

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Dd sat today also. She thought it was harder than Kent test! She thinks she did ok but thought it was harder. Tbh just glad that it's over and looking forward to getting results so we can all move onwards. Been quite a stressful time for everyone.
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

Apparently there was a VR section that was very tight on times and only one choice for writing.

Quite a diverse group of entrants. I noticed SE1 and SE16 in registration forms. Wouldn't want my child to travel that far to school. Even the child from Northfleet would be travelling for hours every day.
Silver

Post by Silver »

Hi. Yes dd said times were very tight, especially that section and she had to totally guess 4 questions as time ran out. Times tight on maths also. Had to guess a few from each section in both maths and vb due to time constraints.

She said timing was crazy and she felt very distracted at the centre as lots of people and large room. I think she was also very tired as we woke up very early which may have affected her speed.

Yes I did hear people were travelling from London schools which does seem a long way to come. I don't know how that would work out in practise!

She doesn't think she passed Medway so we are hoping she passed kent. Kent is the one we are after as a preference. I just hope she passed Kent as she will be extremely disappointed as she truly worked very hard.
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

My daughter didn’t mention the tricky section...
Where did your kids sit? We were at Rochester Grammar and yes it was hectic! SE1 and 16 is ridiculous, I know they come from woolwich and abbeywood as I see them in the morning on my way to work! Rochester Grammar is 6 miles from our house which I think is reasonable, considering we’ve been doing 4 to a primary for 6 years!
Silver

Post by Silver »

Hi. She sat the test at the Hoo. I guess some children find some things tricky and others not. We are going to try not to think about it (ahem) and await the results.
Silver

Post by Silver »

My DD has confirmed that the test was not hard but it was just the timing that was tight. Because of the timings she found herself guessing quite a few questions because she ran out of time in each section. In verbal it was the one section in particular that she did find hard. Does anyone know whether you can still pass the Medway test if your DC had to guess quite a few questions in each section?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now