Just had appeal hearing...still shaking!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kentmedwayborder

Post by kentmedwayborder »

Hi Belinda
hope all is well with you, thanks for your input and good wishes.

The above was a brief comment on my main points for RGS appeal.....I took all the comments and help offered to me by you and other kind people on here......and my appeal letter was much better worded as will be my appeal!

The 'against' the other school is relevant only because of distance and the impact that will have on DD socially and academically. I am aware that I shouldnt go 'against' a school but FOR RGS...that is my intention and I think I just didnt come across properly on above post as was trying to be very brief!

I have read and read the appeals section and had some wonderful advice which I have followed......so I have done all within my power ...the rest is up to higher powers........

thank you once again for your kind thoughts and help

Any extra phrases for why RGS is the ONLY school for my daughter would of course be more than welcome.....:-)

hugs to all going through the system at the moment ...and to those yet to go through it.....I hope to be able to offer words of support in future ...when my head less muddled!

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kentmedwayborder

Had letter this morning from Kent appeal...unsuccessful.....I cried all day...not because she didnt get that school but because I cant bear the thought of telling her she has no school to go to in september....how do I tell my DD who has worked so hard and has coem through so much that she might have to leave school and be at home with mum? I have only just built up her confidence after her dad left.........and its going to crash back down....

....sorry I just feel so utterly helpless.............

Rainham girls appeal tomorrow but am not holding out much hope for that......unless anybody out there can come up with an amazing argument other than the ones I have already ..........

truly gutted and have no more strength
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

so sorry to hear your news.

It's especia11y difficult when you are the one holding it a11 for her.

Thinking and praying for you to have the strength to see it a11 through.

Please hold on.

Love
LBSWM
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

So sorry to hear the news.

Just remember that tomorrow it will be a different appeal panel, different school and different people appealing so your appeal may be judged more favourably against theirs. Try to stay positive.

I know it must be so difficult but you've got to hold it together and get through this next appeal.

Wishing you the very best of luck. I'll be thinking of you and trying to send positive vibes up to your part of Kent.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

We're all there with you tomorrow -
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Just wanted to add my very best wishes. Stay positive, we'll all be thinking about you.
Bougalou
kentmedwayborder

thank you so much for all your kind thoughts.........will be positive tomorrow....but if this one is unsuccessful I reserve the right to cry

still rewriting my summary!

laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

kentmedwayborder wrote:will be positive tomorrow
That's good to hear.

Don't stay up too late.

Try your best to have a restful sleep so your head is clear tomorrow.

Your daughter has worked hard and so have you!!

That's a11 you can do for now.

Cro55 the other bridges when they come.....

Sleep tight.
MGSMUM

Post by MGSMUM »

I am so sorry to hear your news. But, there's still hope - the next appeal may just turn out differently, you never know.

Thinking of you for tomorrow, and wishing for some (very deserved) good news for you.

All the best x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now