Good luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

That's the NVR Herman - from memory it's four sections, ten minutes with 20 questions in each section and no going back.

In verbal reasoning it's more traditional. you get your time limit (say 50 minutes) and your number of questions (say 85) and you can do it in any order and go back at the end.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Just sending heaps and heaps of good luck and best wishes for tomorrow.

I know it will all go well for you all.

When it's all over don't forget the hugs and well dones (whatever the outcomes) and then a family night out to celebrate when the pressure of revising is all done with!

Go for it kids!!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Snowdrops wrote:That's the NVR Herman - from memory it's four sections, ten minutes with 20 questions in each section and no going back.

In verbal reasoning it's more traditional. you get your time limit (say 50 minutes) and your number of questions (say 85) and you can do it in any order and go back at the end.
Thanks Snowdrops! It would be easier to get info from MI5 than from my kids!
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Snowdrops wrote:Just sending heaps and heaps of good luck and best wishes for tomorrow.

I know it will all go well for you all.

When it's all over don't forget the hugs and well dones (whatever the outcomes) and then a family night out to celebrate when the pressure of revising is all done with!

Go for it kids!!
Thanks Snowdrops, The practise really helped, she's a lot calmer about it now (I'm not lol) We're going to the Trafford Centre for tea tomorrow and she's promised an ice cream from her favourite place on Tuesday. We went to Clitheroe's open evening last night, it seemed really nice, but for some reason DD didn't seemed too enthused? I think she may have just been overwhelmed by the size compared to her little primary. :?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

They get their gut feelings too, just like us.

Both my son and my youngest daughter took instant dislikes to two of the very best schools our town has to offer. As a consequence we didn't put either of them down on our form (not that dd stood a chance of getting into the one she didn't like anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: ) - I don't think it's worthwhile as our dc's will only worry about going to a school they instinctively don't like. If you have the Clitheroe school (a lot of my family descend through Clitheroe :D :D ) in your sights, then may I suggest you both visit again during the day when hopefully your dd can see how nice it is and how much it has to offer (guided most skillfully by her mum of course :shock: ).
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Nathair

Has she been round SGHS? If she has it may well be the mixed school (Clitheroe) against the all girls school - they do have a different atmosphere.

Having said that I have never found an open day helpful, always got much more from daytime visits.

All the best for tomorrow - just been on phone to friend doing it all for the third time tomorrow...

Herman
x
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

No, We got the wrong date for Skipton from an independent website :evil:
We had arranged to go on an openday but that was cancelled at the last minute due to a confirmed case of swine flu :shock: So last night was the first time she has ever been to a high school. I think it was a big culture shock.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Nathair wrote: We had arranged to go on an openday but that was cancelled at the last minute due to a confirmed case of swine flu :shock: So last night was the first time she has ever been to a high school. I think it was a big culture shock.
Ah yes I remember the antics ove that!!!

yes senior schools can seem daunting to a year 6, compared with primary schools they are full of absolutely huge people and no cozy corners to play with toys - and you are back to being the smallest in the school again...
Maybe it would be better to get the exams out of the way and then have a look .. Good Luck for tomorrow and don't forget it is market day!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

We missed Ripon Grammar School open day last year because, unbeknownst to us, they held it in July. Silly us thought it would be in October like all the other schools (being out of catchment didn't help with no information coming through) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nevre mind, we got a personal tour in the November which I feel would have been much better than trying to fight hundreds of other people on the same night :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Yes, I thought it may be best to get the exams done, and then ring the school and see if we can go for a look around. It just means she is sitting exams for a school she has never even seen :roll: