Good luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

In some ways that can be good.

If she visited before the exams she may feel added pressure to get into the school she really, really wants and the nerves may be a bit too much.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Nathair wrote:Yes, I thought it may be best to get the exams done, and then ring the school and see if we can go for a look around. It just means she is sitting exams for a school she has never even seen :roll:
Have done that both times .. kids only visited schools afterwards. Didn't have the problem of encouraging them to take the exam for a school they had taken a dislike to. Also TBH living in Skipton there really wasn't a lot of choice :wink:
LucyLou's Mum

Good Luck

Post by LucyLou's Mum »

I agree! As we also missed the open day at DD's grammar school because it was held in June. DD went on to sit the test - no pressure, thought it was something we'd try and if she didn't pass she'd go to the local school that the other 15 in her class were going to (bar the 1 friend going to the local private secondary school). DD fortunately passed and we attended the open evening with the parents of year 5's looking to sit the 11+ knowing we had already got in! Having already passed when we looked round it gave DD the opportunity to make an informed decision rather than hypothetical as to which school she wished to attend (although if she had chose against the grammar school after being fortunate enough to gain a place I would have pulled rank)!
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Well now I don't know whether to be happy or paranoid :? She came out today and said it was "easier than the practise paper" and she finished "with loads of time spare" :shock: Oh well nothing I can do about it, she did say she checked through everything carefully and didn't leave any questions out.
Just Tuesday left to go then I'll try and get a look around before the 16th October when the CAF has to be in.
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Goodluck for Tuesday and the final outcome
Bougalou
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Thanks Bougalou. I really appreciate the support of everyone on here, it means a lot. :oops:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Yep, more good luck for Tuesday Nathair.

Does dd still have the Lancashire ones to sit after this?
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Thanks Snowdrops, Yeah, All 4 Lancs schools are sitting the exam on the same day (26th Sept), so you have to choose which school you want to try for, we're going for Clitheroe.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

How did it go Nathair?

Is she gearing up now for the next ones? Are they the same, ie: vr and nvr only?
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

She thinks it went fairly well. She's feeling a little strange now it's over, but it's not, because there is still more to come :? And no Clitheroe is Maths, English and VR. It should be a bit easier because English is her strongest subject (she actually got 100% on a year 5 QCA english paper at school in June and is already a level 5a)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now