Ripon GS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Hi Aron, you didn't offend anyone, I'm really sorry if you thought you did :oops:

In all honesty, unless you have asked for a boarding place, I really don't think you do have a chance to get into that school from that distance.

I think the only hope you may have now is once national allocations day has passed and you can then appeal for that school because you consider you may have special circumstances for your daughter to attend. For instance is there a subject taught at Ripon Grammar which isn't taught anywhere else, such as astronomy? And does your daughter have an interest which can be proved (is she a member of an astronomy club) does she have aspirations to become an astronomer? That sort of thing? Look on the appeals section where there is a long list of Q & A, I'll see if I can find the link for you.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Ha, we crossed Herman! Herman makes some really good points too Aron :)

This is the post relevant to appealing, you will need to scroll down to find the relevant section though: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=9124

If you go on the appeals section there are two other threads which you may need to make use of too.

Anything else we can do to help just shout, we're here for you Aron.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now