optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Bougalou wrote:Thinking of you all, - good luck
bougalou
Thank you. I feel sick, will be so glad when this is over...lol
Haze

Post by Haze »

:cry:

Looks like we had a disaster. He only answered 3/4 of the VR questions and, while he said the maths was easy, he answered even less of that.

So that's it. He's blown his one and only chance.

:cry:
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Haze, I'm sorry to hear that. Someone I spoke to, thought it was much harder than expected. It may have been a tough paper, in which case the marks needed are less than an easy paper.

Whatever happens he has given it his best shot but don't give up, just yet.
xx
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

[quote="Haze"]:cry:

Looks like we had a disaster. He only answered 3/4 of the VR questions and, while he said the maths was easy, he answered even less of that.

So that's it. He's blown his one and only chance.

Haze, my friend's DD missed 12 maths questions and she still got a place.

Don't give up hope, all is not lost - if it was a tough paper then the scores needed to pass are lower.
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

mitasol wrote:Haze, I'm sorry to hear that. Someone I spoke to, thought it was much harder than expected. It may have been a tough paper, in which case the marks needed are less than an easy paper.

Whatever happens he has given it his best shot but don't give up, just yet.
xx
DD earlier said it was OK but I've just said to her that some people said it was harder than they expected and she said it was harder but she also says she doesn't know. It could have been either way - she doesn't really want to talk about it.

All she said this morning was that the VR was the easiest, then the essay (she wrote a page and 1 line) and then the maths .
Haze

Post by Haze »

optimistic! wrote:

Don't give up hope, all is not lost - if it was a tough paper then the scores needed to pass are lower.
Hmmm. DS missed 20 VR questions and god knows how many Maths :(
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:
optimistic! wrote:

Hmmm. DS missed 20 VR questions and god knows how many Maths :(
All I can say is what DH has said to me when I've been feeling like DD hasn't a chance, that she will go to the local high school and be the cream - top sets etc.

Your DS will be fine whatever happens.
Haze

Post by Haze »

I have always said that. We were never sure whether the GS was the right thing for our DS, so we told ourselves, and told him, so long as he does his best, no matter what happens no-one will be angry becuase the outcome will be the right one.

I'm just frustrated that he's flunked it by lack of concentration, not lack of ability.

But, I suppose, if he has trouble concentrating, he might have struggled at GS. I just hope the local comp has teachers strong enough to stop him from drifting.

:?
helhan68

Yikes

Post by helhan68 »

Hi there-not been on for a while, been catching up reading all your posts!

I was so nervous yesterday I had to send M up to school with her dad on foot-I was convinced she would pick up on my nerves otherwise....

Anyway, she came out quietly confident-said the VR was easier than the pretest-although she didn't have time to answer all questions and had to opt for finishing the last 5 with a guess (all D's-her decision!)

She finished the maths-which I was amazed at, as that has been her less strong subject all along!

Her essay sounded bonkers-some story about stealing penguins on a birthday visit to the zoo! I didn't ask!

Trying not to think about it now, no point worrying!

The next thing for us is DD number 2 starts with the tutor in a couple of weeks! (With DD number 3 after that!)

Yikes

H
x
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Three on the trot! :twisted: I really don't envy you! :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now