Calderdale results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

mitasol wrote:Keeping everything crossed for you all. I do remember how terrible the wait was, once Christmas was out of the way.

Stay optimistic. :D
Thanks. To be honest I had put it out of my mind (really!) until a pupil at work asked me if DD was doing the test for one of the private grammar schools - she isn't as she didn't want to.
helhan68

Any day now?

Post by helhan68 »

Am I right in thinking we should hear any day now? Have started watching for postman!

H
optimistic!

Re: Any day now?

Post by optimistic! »

[quote="helhan68"]Am I right in thinking we should hear any day now? Have started watching for postman!

H[/quot/

Not for at least 10 days.
helhan68

Post by helhan68 »

Why is time going so slowly??????

So 10 days optimistic? Around the 23rd? Maybe Saturday?

I seem to remember reading posts on the site last year and some people heard before others, is that right?

I seem to recall you have one child in all already and waiting to hear about number 2 this time?

Thanks

H
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

helhan68 wrote:Why is time going so slowly??????

So 10 days optimistic? Around the 23rd? Maybe Saturday?

I seem to remember reading posts on the site last year and some people heard before others, is that right?

I seem to recall you have one child in all already and waiting to hear about number 2 this time?

Thanks

H
Yes, the weekend I guess. No, I don't have one in already. I expect it varies with the post, but some people will be on the reserve list and have to wait. Those who are borderline won't know until march, it is only the certains either way that will know this week.

Good luck to everybody.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Last year time went very slowly indeed, it felt like a year to get DC from 0-10 and ten years going through the 11+. :twisted:
The results were all sent out at the same time (most were received Thursday) but some took longer to arrive than others. Royal Mail :evil:
zetamgr

Post by zetamgr »

Regarding the "certains"
.[/quote]
Yes, the weekend I guess. No, I don't have one in already. I expect it varies with the post, but some people will be on the reserve list and have to wait. Those who are borderline won't know until march, it is only the certains either way that will know this week.

Good luck to everybody.[/quote]

In fact my understanding is that what is sent out is simply your child's position in the ranked joint list for both NHGS and Crossley Heath. Under the coordinated admissions scheme only Calderdale LA (or other authority) can formally advise of a place. This is because the final set of places depends on other people's expressed preferences. For starters there is an issue of whether more higher ramked candidates have been expressed as first preferecen at either NHGS or CH. Then there are a few parents who put a grammar school as second choice and their more local school first, because travel is an issue. There are also out of area candidates who may be putting e,.g. NHGS second choice after a Bradford or Skipton grammar school etc etc.

So all you will now from the ranked position is that if your better than say around 280 you can be pretty confident you're in. If you around 300 you may or may not be in depending on whether Crosshely Heath of NHGS was more popular as first choice this year; or even if your say between 320-330 you might even still get in to say NHGS if some out of area candidates who outrank you get into their first choice more local school like say Bingley grammar.

So no-one should think that this letter is the final word.
M Roberts
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I agree with you Zeta.

A score of 155 or higher will guarantee you a place at your first preference school. A score of 310 will guarantee you a place one of the schools if you have placed them as first and second preference. It is possible to score within 310 but not get a place if you have listed only one school.

Other places will be available outside of 310 but you will have to wait for a definitive answer in March. In the case of children holding a place but waiting for Indie scholarship/bursaries -these take even longer. Last year at least one child dropped out after the children had attended induction day.:shock:

The vast majority will know exactly where they stand once the results arrive. However, hope remains for those outside 310. :D

Last year the waiting list cut off was 370.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:37 pm Post subject:
Anxious1 wrote: Its interesting that the head at the appeal said they had now offered out to position 359 at NH, so for anyone out there who is on the waiting list, again there is always that glimmer of hope.
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

zetamgr wrote:Regarding the "certains"
So all you will now from the ranked position is that if your better than say around 280 you can be pretty confident you're in. If you around 300 you may or may not be in depending on whether Crosshely Heath of NHGS was more popular as first choice this year; or even if your say between 320-330 you might even still get in to say NHGS if some out of area candidates who outrank you get into their first choice more local school like say Bingley grammar.

So no-one should think that this letter is the final word.
M Roberts[/quote]

It is for some people, I mean say you come within the top 155, you know are going to know that you have got into your preferred school. If you come at number 500 or more then you are going to know that you haven't got in - so it will be certain for some of us. For others they will know they are in, others will have some chance of a place but it won't be certain - I think the majority of us will know though.
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

[quote="mitasol"]I agree with you Zeta.

The vast majority will know exactly where they stand once the results arrive. However, hope remains for those outside 310. :D

I just hope that we know one way or another, I don't think DD would handle waiting another 6 weeks or so that well.

I wonder how many on the waiting list got a place last year.