snow closures

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

snow closures

Post by hermanmunster »

Skipton Girls shut again tomorrow (6/1) - no news on Ermysted's yet ... though rumours abound on facebook
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Not heard anything with regards to Ripon, they are always late releasing the news - on the last day of last term it snowed and they didn't announce it until after 8 am, dd catches the bus at 7.45 am, so she got all the way to school and had to turn round and come back!!

It's forecast to snow around 3 pm tomorrow so I'm a bit worried about the journey home for her, it being so far. My fall back plan now is to tell her to go back to school if the buses aren't running (the public buses were cancelled today for a while it was so bad), as they have the boarding houses there and she will at least be safe and warm.

I do so hope they just shut the schools down for the rest of the week (I'm a real scaredy cat when it comes to snow and ice). I can't even get my car out the driveway it's so bad and as for getting it out the back lane, forget it! ........................ but the main road's clear so that's ok then.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Well, the school's open and she's gone in (bless them at school, I 'phoned at 7.35 am and they were there answering calls!! - VERY impressed!) but people are ringing in to the local radio station to say it's snowing heavily again.

One VERY panicky mum here :cry:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

............... and now it's snowing here again.

All my worst nightmares :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

skipton schools shut today - am near ilkley now and its started snowing.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hope DD has arrived home safely Snowy. I've just recovered my youngest two from Primary. It was the only school for miles around that managed to be open today. :evil:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Aww thanks Mitty.

School closed early at 3.15 and she's now on the bus home - should be here in about 15 minutes :D :D :D :D and the snow's held off!! (although after several more big bouts of snow earlier today I was almost having palpitations!!).
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Whoops, spoke too soon, it's starting agin now - hurry, bus, hurry!!!!!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

We've had several flurries but they are all short lived. Try not to fret I'm sure the bus is close.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

It's here and she is home :D

Just need to read her school report now :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now