arsenal_no1_fan

Post by arsenal_no1_fan »

PM the details and i'll have a look....
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

hey ho rightmove beckons!!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Ah what fun we had comparing house details and browsing Rightmove!!!

But alas after much commenting by pm on other people's decor we couldn't do a deal :wink:

Never mind - good luck for the allocations day - we've got our fingers crossed!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

You're not going far are you Herman? I mean not leaving Yorkshire! *gasp of horror!*
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mitasol wrote:You're not going far are you Herman? I mean not leaving Yorkshire! *gasp of horror!*
Oh no... we aren't leaving Skipton!!!!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Yorkshire grows on you! 8)
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

arsenal_no1_fan;
We are pretty much a mirror image of your situation. We are just under 10 miles away in a straight line (11.5 by road) in the Lancs Education authority, and are after a place at the Girls School. My daughter passed along with 87 other girls, with 112 places available she should be guaranteed a place, but with appeals you can't be sure until that letter arrives on March 1st! I'm just taking solace in the fact that they have never allowed anywhere near 24 appeals, but then how often has the number of children passing been so low :?

Hermanmunster;
Have you considered becoming private landlords? I'll rent your house if DD gets into Skipton Girls! I can't find anywhere in Skipton that accepts Housing Benefit Tenants. Probably because they only pay £100 per week. But I do have very good references. We've been with the same landlords since Jan 1999 and though we have moved, we stayed with them, just to a bigger property they owned.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
arsenal_no1_fan

Nathair,

Fingers and everything else crossed for 1st March!
As you say we can but hope that the number of allowed appeals doesn't knock out those of us who live that bit further away. I know it's going to be really disappointng and disheartenig for DS to think he passed but lived in the wrong place.
I will post on here as soon as we know anything.

Mitasol,
As a Midlander I have to say that after 13 years of living in Yorkshire, I am not convinced!! But then agin if their education authorities come to the right decision - I may revise my opinon. lol! :lol:
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I am not convinced!
I think a few years ago I probably would have agreed with you. So perhaps it's a slow creeping growth (sounds terribly unpleasant :shock:). I seem to have put down roots when I only intended an extended visit. :lol:

Hope everything comes together in March.
arsenal_no1_fan

Hi

Just wanted to let everyone know that DS brought a letter home from school today. He has been allocated Ermysted which means months of waiting and worrying are now over.

Would like to thank hermanmunster and others for their words of encouragement and support.

Good luck anyone who is still waiting to hear.

Mitasol - Yorkshire is beginning to grow on me a little bit more!! lol
Now need to work out travel arrangements etc.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now