How are you allocated places for Halifax Schools !!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Haze

Post by Haze »

Really? Are they not obliged to find you a school somewhere. Surely kids won't be wandering the streets waiting for a place at their local comp :shock:

I am now a little worried becuase DS didn't get in to GS, and we put a school we don't fall into catchment for as third choice. I assumed that we would end up at the local comp be default (assuming we don't get third choice) but I know it's not guaranteed. We could end up at a school miles away.

Still, all will be clear tomorrow :?
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:Really? Are they not obliged to find you a school somewhere. Surely kids won't be wandering the streets waiting for a place at their local comp :shock:

I am now a little worried becuase DS didn't get in to GS, and we put a school we don't fall into catchment for as third choice. I assumed that we would end up at the local comp be default (assuming we don't get third choice) but I know it's not guaranteed. We could end up at a school miles away.

Still, all will be clear tomorrow :?
They will find you a place *somehwere*, it all depends on what you put on the form. If you don't get your third choice then the council will allocate a place at an under subscribed school.

You could go on the waiting list for a place at your local comprehensive but you won't be able to appeal if it wasn't on the CPF. Have you looked at the admissions figures for 2009 on the Calderdale website for the school you put third? That will tell you how many children got places last year in each of the criteria for admissions.
Haze

Post by Haze »

The third placed school is usually full-ish. The local comp is never full. We've been allocated the local comp, which is where we assumed he would be going anyway, by default.
We are now exactly where we would have been if we had done nothing. Still, it was an interesting exercise. :?
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:The third placed school is usually full-ish. The local comp is never full. We've been allocated the local comp, which is where we assumed he would be going anyway, by default.
We are now exactly where we would have been if we had done nothing. Still, it was an interesting exercise. :?
Yes, that is my feelings about it to. I thought that you hadn't put the local comp on your cpf?
Haze

Post by Haze »

optimistic! wrote:
Haze wrote:The third placed school is usually full-ish. The local comp is never full. We've been allocated the local comp, which is where we assumed he would be going anyway, by default.
Yes, that is my feelings about it to. I thought that you hadn't put the local comp on your cpf?
No we didn't. We had the second closest on the form, which we didn't qualify for, so ended up at the local comp anyway.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now