Skipton tests - how many questions?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
andy from embsay

Re: Skipton tests - how many questions?

Post by andy from embsay »

Formal tutoring is private - the schools aren't allowed to do any specific preparation, are they? (guess that's the same all over North Yorks) - but because there's a lot of tutoring that (reputedly) goes on out of area then I think lots of people in Skipton go to private tutors - which is a shame as it means that people with the money to pay get an advantage (although did I read that the LEA reckon tutoring makes no difference?).
andy from embsay

Oh - another daft question - are there any practice papers that are best for NYCC? We want to have a few for her to do over the summer.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Never a daft question - the answer is yes!

You can purchase from the book shop on this website (on the tabs above), or your local W H SMiths etc. Look for NFER multiple choice.

There are lots of others you can use and it's recommended you use them (the others) first. Only use the NFER one close to the test as they are the ones most like North Yorkshire format.
andy from embsay

Thanks - she does lots of practice exercises and tests as part of her tutor homework, but I thought it'd be worth getting some that are closer to the real thing!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

May I suggest one a week (of both VR and NVR) in the month before the tests.
andy from embsay

Snowdrops wrote:May I suggest one a week (of both VR and NVR) in the month before the tests.
Thanks - good call. I think she'll be doing that via the tutor, but we might take a couple on holiday with us to "keep her hand in"!