Calderdale Results 2011

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LydFlo

Re: Calderdale Results 2011

Post by LydFlo »

Only a few days left now, thank goodness!

I had a evening out with the girls to fill my weekend up and avoid thinking about the unknown and you will never guess what we ended up discussing? :D I can't wait for the results to arrive now so I can return to my normal self instead of this obsessive I've turned into. :) At least I lost a day of my life recovering, I couldn't really think about anything yesterday. :mrgreen: (that's the colour I was)

I wish all our children lots of luck and I hope they all get the results that we think they deserve!

Fingers crossed for everyone!
helhan68

Post by helhan68 »

I think my biggest worry is how she will cope with not getting in (if that is the outcome!)

We have bought her tickets for Man Utd on Saturday (whatever the outcome) but I know she will be devastated if she doesn't get in. I think she has piled heaps of additional pressure on herself as her sister got in last year-and she doesn't want to be outdone!

I have to say that since the exam in December we have so enjoyed not having to think about it! Despite our best efforts it inevitably takes over a bit.

fingers crossed.....
roberta

Post by roberta »

Here's another parent creeping out of the woodwork!! I have just got home from work and found an envelope addressed to the 'Parent/Carer of ***'. My heart missed a beat as I picked it up off the mat thinking that the results had come out early. NO! Instead it was from the child health department informing me of my son's BMI result!

So please don't panic if you find this type of letter! Although at least it would have got the results out of the way. I didn't realise I was in the slighest bit nervous until I thought the results had arrived! My son deserves to get a place as he has performed fantastically for the last year. However, as we all know it just comes down to those few hours, so anything could happen.
LydFlo

Post by LydFlo »

Roberta, the same happened to me on saturday, what a disappointment, I suppose it was nice to find out his exact weight and height, I don't think I've measured him for about five years (lazy mummy that I am :) )

Helhan, I'm sure your daughter won't even care about her result with those match tickets, what a lucky girl. My son is having his first ever proper sleepover on saturday (it's his birthday) half the boys from his class are coming, so I am sure it will take his mind off things if he doesn't get the result he wants and if he does well, we are going to take them all to Pizza Hut as a extra treat!
helhan68

Post by helhan68 »

Lydflo-half the boys in his class????

Are you sane? :D Good luck!

Thanks for the warning on the bmi letter!

Last year our letter arrived on the Saturday morning if that is any help......

Hx
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

Hi, another worried mum who's been loitering, reading all your posts!! Couldn't resist now thought i'd share just how nervous I am, more so than my DS!!!!
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

Did somebody say we should have the results by Thursday?
helhan68

Post by helhan68 »

I think they are posted out on Thursday...but don't quote me.

As I say last year we received the letter on Saturday morning, and it was dated the 21st.

Good luck

Hx
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Welcome Roberta and Foxychick. :D
Helhan wrote: I think they are posted out on Thursday...but don't quote me.

As I say last year we received the letter on Saturday morning, and it was dated the 21st.
The year before that, they (mostly) arrived on the Thursday which was 22nd. They don't give an official date in January when they send out the results but if it's the same as the last two years, it should be very soon.

I've got my fingers crossed for everyone waiting. Image
LydFlo

Post by LydFlo »

I think maybe I am a bit crazy, it will be 8 boys in total! :D When I asked my DS what he would like for his birthday, he said an iphone 4 or a sleepover, there was no way on earth he was having an iphone. I've borrowed some blow up camping matresses and sleeping bags and they will be confined to the living room, what have I let myself in for? :?

It's lovely to see more posters popping up, I'm so nervous too and my DS really couldn't care less, he is far too laid back but I suppose thats a good thing, I wouldn't want him to feel the way I feel right now. :roll:

Only three more days for results, if we don't include today or saturday, I'm trying to make this wait as short as possible :P

Good luck to everyone again :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now