Calderdale Admissions for September 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mitasol

Re: Calderdale Admissions for September 2012

Post by mitasol »

Congratulations Gogi. Good luck with the decision you still have couple of weeks to think it over. :D
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

OOOhh i have a question, what does it mean that 310 places are allocated and are the places shared between the 2 grammar schools? what happens if we want just NHGS? Im making it more complicated than it is???

Is the actual test easier than the pre test? My DS cant remember but my nephew practiced GL assessment Maths but found that the questions were nothing like the practice questions...any recomendations for practice papers?

Q
x
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

After the test the candidates are placed in rank order. There are 155 places at each school and the kids will be allocated from this list/s, starting at the top and working down until the 310 places are filled. If you only want a place at N.H then you only list N.H on your CAF. You will not then be considered for a place at Crossley Heath.

The maths test is written by one of the schools. I used bond how to do 11+ maths to make sure I'd covered the basics. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules for if the pre-test is easier or harder than the actual test - opinions differ.

edited to add: Other maths suggestions
Bond Maths books or papers
Old sats papers http://www.emaths.co.uk/KS2SAT.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another good source is Indie School Maths Entrance papers. e.g. Manchester Grammar etc. Use google.
Someone recommended Peter Robinson - but I've not used them personally