Open Evenings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
annie321

Open Evenings

Post by annie321 »

We've been to Crossley Heath and North Halifax open evenings this week. Our DS preferred NH. What were other people's impressions?
jo123

Re: Open Evenings

Post by jo123 »

Hi Annie. We went to both last year but were particularly impressed with NHGS so this year we just went to CH to check that our impression hadn't been tainted by the fact that the guide who showed us round at NHGS was wonderful. We've still got the same impression. NHGS just felt nicer despite the decaying building etc. Having said that the logistics mean that CH will (fingers crossed) be our first choice regardless. Frankly getting a place at either would be such a relief...October is fast approaching! Eek!!!
panicmum

Post by panicmum »

Hi Annie we also went to Crossley Heath and North Halifax open evenings this week. My dd favoured NH....
annie321

Post by annie321 »

It's just a shame North Halifax's building is so dilapidated because we thought it was fantastic otherwise. The teachers were very friendly and engaging and there was a lovely warm atmosphere. It must be in line for some funding for building work at some point!?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Don't worry too much about buildings - good teachers and a welcoming atmosphere are most important. Some fabbo new buildings are not great places..
fifi

Post by fifi »

I went to the open evenings as well, and found the same, although I wasn't sure if it was because I'm an ex-NHGS girl and some of the staff remembered me! :D
However DD was also very impressed with them too, think she will find it hard to make a decision, however at the moment we're trying to concentrate on the exam prep!!