Good Luck!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
panicmum

Good Luck!

Post by panicmum »

Good luck to all DC's taking the Halifax 11+ exam tomorrow.
mitasol

Re: Good Luck!

Post by mitasol »

Good Luck!
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Oh yes, good luck to all. x
Vic x
annie321

Post by annie321 »

Just wondering how everyone found the test today? Our DD said the verbal reasoning was OK and the maths was trickier than usual. There seemed to be so many kids there! Good luck everyone, fingers crossed for results day.
ljg2006

Post by ljg2006 »

Mine said exactly the same thing about vr and maths - mind you maths is her weaker of the two.

I overheard a parent saying she had been told 1800 were registered to take the test - really hope she was mistaken or it suddenly seems a heck of a lot harder 2 get offered a place.

Good luck t everyone - i'm wondering if its too early 2 get the wine bottle out.. so glad its over as is dd :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

ljg2006 wrote:I overheard a parent saying she had been told 1800 were registered to take the test - really hope she was mistaken or it suddenly seems a heck of a lot harder 2 get offered a place.
That has to be way off the mark - it would make NHGS more competitive than the Tiffin schools in Surrey! I have just added up all the Y7 school places for the whole of Calderdale, and there are only 2,662 in total, so there aren't even 1800 boys out there!

From the NHGS prospectus:
Admissions
The two Halifax grammar schools operate joint admissions procedures. For entry into the two grammar schools in September
2011 some 853 applications were received. 155 places were allocated at both the North Halifax Grammar School and the Crossley Heath School.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The usual figure is around 800 and I'm prepared to believe that the early test has encouraged a few more people than usual to sit the exam but I'd be surprised if it reached 1000.

Everything is done bar the waiting so definitely time to open the wine. :D
jo123

Post by jo123 »

The Halifax schools are co-ed Sally Anne. I agree with Mitasol there can't be 1800 kids but parents all over the country want the best for their children and entrance to grammar schools is incredibly competitive wherever they are based.
Mummy24

Post by Mummy24 »

Hi, anybody had any results yet for the halifax schools? The wait is torture. Does anybody know how many sat the test?
eviepie123

Post by eviepie123 »

Re results, I rang NHGS on Friday, they confirmed a delay with posting out, advising that the results would be in school Monday and all being well will go in the first class post today. If they can't all be enveloped up today then all will go in the post tomorrow. Good luck to all. :shock: