1 week to go!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
andy from embsay

Re: 1 week to go!

Post by andy from embsay »

Aaah - I see. Not sure North Yorks even tell you online, do they? I think it's a letter jobby - and we're away this weekend so we won't get it til Sunday.
princessdad

Post by princessdad »

Just had a quick chat with the Calderdale Council Admissions team to enquire about the email timings. The emails are expected to be sent in batches, but they were not sure of the timings from when it will start. However, the letters will be distributed to the children at school on Friday evening (1st Mar) irrespective of whatever method (email or post) you chose to receive your school place offer.
andy from embsay

Post by andy from embsay »

princessdad wrote:Just had a quick chat with the Calderdale Council Admissions team to enquire about the email timings. The emails are expected to be sent in batches, but they were not sure of the timings from when it will start. However, the letters will be distributed to the children at school on Friday evening (1st Mar) irrespective of whatever method (email or post) you chose to receive your school place offer.
We're north yorks - don't think we got a choice of method.

We know where she's off to anyway, but it'll be nice to have the piece of paper!
janet71

Post by janet71 »

andy from embsay wrote:
princessdad wrote:Just had a quick chat with the Calderdale Council Admissions team to enquire about the email timings. The emails are expected to be sent in batches, but they were not sure of the timings from when it will start. However, the letters will be distributed to the children at school on Friday evening (1st Mar) irrespective of whatever method (email or post) you chose to receive your school place offer.
We're north yorks - don't think we got a choice of method.

We know where she's off to anyway, but it'll be nice to have the piece of paper!
Id like to think it will all be over by tomorrow but I predict I get Bingley GS and not EGS and then Ill call and they will say Im X on the waiting list and then I will still be hanging on hoping in a few weeks time... :? Its a cruel system - Someone also told me that Bradford Grammar was dropping their fees next yr so it would be a Entrance Exam - that would be typical that this yr EGS has had massive pass rate - last year and any other yr no probs would be in and then next yr could have applied to Bradford grammar - Just sprinkle a little luck my way pls :)
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Ive started sprinkling janet !!!!

Yes you can check online - results could be there anytime after midnight! I tried to get in just after midnight and system started crashing...nodded off and woke up at 5am !!!!!!
Seriously been there, 11+ done it, screamed from the roof tops with joy, cried buckets of sorrow and still wearing the T Shirt...this site will get you through the Highs and the Lows...
You are absolutely right about luck! Millenium baby boom year was crazy then last year was a doddle for all who passed !!! Hang in there...yes its painful and cruel but there is always that glimmer of hope and we are here to rejoyce with you and to give you that virtual hug if you need it!...xx GOOD LUCK ALL !!!!
x
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Janet BGS is an entrance exam anyway. Id be surprised if they lowered their fees? Since Bradford Girls is becoming a free school much of the new intake has opted Bradford Grammar and this year it was a record attendance for the entrance exams...****
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Oh Janet I hadn't even considered that possibility :(

At least you are nearer than me and you are in front of everyone else you know, you stand more of a chance than the rest of us.
Vic x
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Best wishes to everyone waiting for results.
panicmum

Post by panicmum »

Crossing my fingers and toes for FluffyD /janet71, and not forgetting everybody else on the forum. Good luck to all…
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

We got our 2nd choice school, Beckfoot. I can't say I am not a little gutted as I would have loved out 1st choice of Ermysteds though I am still pleased(ish) as I was expecting it anyway.

Good luck to all those that haven't logged on yet and are still waiting to hear.

Vic x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now