Reserve list for NHGS now will consider up to rank 400.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Re: Reserve list for NHGS now will consider up to rank 400.

Post by Snowdrops »

I'm signing up for a sitting in North Yorkshire this September. Next door neighbour's lad :D

At least the stress shouldn't be as much as last time :roll:
Twinsmum123

Post by Twinsmum123 »

Hi

I thought each child got an individual ranking? Otherwise how can they offer the first 320 children places if say 350 children were ranked to 320?

Apologies...my maths is rubbish!!!

I wish they'd just waited till end of March, waited to see if they had any places and then offered out to those children who came next in the rankings...this way is just torture!!! Despite trying not too, I have got my hopes up a little!!
annie321

Post by annie321 »

Hope it was good news for the people up to 400! Anyone know what the final figures were this year? It seems to be getting more and more competitve each year doesn't it?!
Timo

Post by Timo »

annie321 wrote:Hope it was good news for the people up to 400! Anyone know what the final figures were this year? It seems to be getting more and more competitve each year doesn't it?!
I would like to second this, do we have the numbers?
annie321

Post by annie321 »

I know the child who came 370th got a place at NHGS but I don't know the actual cut-off point.
ghee

Post by ghee »

Sorry I completely forgot to update this post! After 3 weeks at the local comp our ds got a place offer at NHGS! Last week he was showing the prospective new entrants round the school. So at rank 378 I knew he was the 1st on the waiting list when the year started and 3 weeks later a pupil left. It was all very emotional because by that time he'd settled down and also he was worried he'd be the "dumbest one" . But all his form was lovely and he's doing really well there. Now thinking I'll have to start practising with dc#3 who has just over 2 years to go :roll:
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Congratulations Ghee! It is great to hear from you. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now