Consultation on Ermysted's & Ripon test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Consultation on Ermysted's & Ripon test

Post by hermanmunster »

http://www.northyorks.gov.uk/media/2987 ... Scheme.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

consultation in progress - changes proposed

Opt in not Opt out

All tests at GS not in primary schools

Single day not 3 days (2 test days + familiarisation)

No formal familiarisation test
Snowdrops

Re: Consultation on Ermysted's & Ripon test

Post by Snowdrops »

They're keeping that quiet, not heard anything about it. Oh well, off I toddle to read it, not that it will affect me in anyway :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Wow, that's quite a change.

I feel sorry for the children in coming years if this goes through. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just feel sorry future children won't have the same opportunities currently afforded (familiarisation day, best test counts)

On the other hand. £181,000. That's a LOT of money and I can understand why they want to do it. Can the schools hold that many though (I estimated there were about 150 OOC this year, plus in area) that's an awful lot of children, plus desks, to hold in such a small hall!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

it is quite a change, actually read about it in the Craven Herald but struggled to find it online!!

- the old system was expensive, can understand why they are doing this - 3 separate days with 2 sittings for OOC kids and managing the tests at the school and in primaries. No doubt the schools will do several sittings on Saturdays - presumably they will use multiple rooms etc etc.

Personally I think the practice was great - my kids both took the test with OOC kids and appreciated having been in the room before and under exam conditions - also the 2 seperate days allowed for an "off day" - likely to increase the stress now!!
andy from embsay

Post by andy from embsay »

Isn't that now just the same as the girls' school? Our eldest thought it was hysterical that her sister had to go to school on a Saturday to do the tests.
Buyone

Post by Buyone »

Can anyone please tell me when the exam date will be for admission in 2016. I presume it will be September.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now