Waiting for results of Halifax test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
crazimum

Re: Waiting for results of Halifax test?

Post by crazimum »

We have been having the same dilemma, ds wanted to open it himself after school but I'm not sure I can wait until then! Also feel I need to know before I see him to prepare for any disappointment! I just hope they come early I'm too impatient!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Also feel I need to know before I see him to prepare for any disappointment!
True! I think it is a good idea for parents to have a look at the results before the child. It gives you a chance to prepare yourself and manage the situation.

You can always reseal it or pop it in a new envelope. :D
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

mitasol wrote:
Also feel I need to know before I see him to prepare for any disappointment!
True! I think it is a good idea for parents to have a look at the results before the child. It gives you a chance to prepare yourself and manage the situation.

You can always reseal it or pop it in a new envelope. :D
Lol. My 2 get home from school before I get home from work. Last year DD2 had her results 2 hours before I got home! She said it was obvious from the envelope what it was so just opened it!
Hebden

Post by Hebden »

I'm planning on doing the same as 2 years ago with DC1, opening the envelope (carefully!) on my own so I can digest the contents, then resealing before handing to my child when they come home from school. I will be anxiously checking this forum daily from work this week, to see if there's any news of the postman delivering! Eek I'm starting to feel very nervous....
salsagirl07

Post by salsagirl07 »

My DS seems completely unfazed by it all. He knows the results are out this week but not bothered at all by the prospect of them. He's keen to look around the other schools in the area too which is good I think. My DS sat the exam at CH and there appeared to be hundreds of kids there at pick up time. I too have heard the whispering so that 2,000 sat the test this year-my heart sank at this news.
Anybody willing to say what they thought of the local secondary schools near to where they live??
We've been to Park Lane, Rastrick High, Brighouse High and Brooksbank.
flamingogogo

Post by flamingogogo »

The only one we have looked at is Brooksbank as that is our only other viable option really. It seems ok, although would like their academic results to be higher to have a bit more confidence in them. Art looks fab and my dd was really keen on that aspect. Brighouse is good by all accounts but we are not in the catchment for it.
flamingogogo

Post by flamingogogo »

Eek! Today could be the day! Waiting in anticipation, let us know if any of you get the letter this morning, our post never seems to arrive 'til about lunch time!
Robomum

Post by Robomum »

Sadly no news today for us :( The postman has been and gone. Fingers crossed for us all tomorrow :)
flamingogogo

Post by flamingogogo »

No letter today here either.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The waiting is terrible! :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now