Waiting for allocation of places...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rax

Post by rax »

Hi Shareen, yes, just over a week to go. It will be the longest week, I imagine! Have you been through this before, or is it your eldest? I have two other younger sons too, so will be an expert in a few years' time!!
Oh, this waiting! I am staying positive, as the alternative to GS is not good, as in 'special measures' not good. Feel pleased for those of you whose children came higher up - that must be a nice feeling, in spite of your worries about your forms! We'll all be watching this space in 8 days...
shahreen

Post by shahreen »

hi Rax hpe u good, yeah its lil stressful now and the waiting as if u came higher up u guaranteed ur 1st choice but we'll have to wait n see. Yes its 1st time av two younger 7yr old and 4yr so a while b4 startin again n stressing. well no doubt wil speak agan on the 2, march if not b4 good luck hpe evry1 gets the school they want seeu
rax

Post by rax »

Thought a countdown might be useful! Good luck everyone!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It's my first time too. I can't believe I have to do it all again.
We could all be waiting together in future! :shock:

I have a feeling it will be even worse second time around :lol:

I think this is the first year that Calderdale has had more than one poster - it's good to have companions. :D
HALIFAXMUM

Post by HALIFAXMUM »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site (my son is not due to take his 11 plus until December 2010 so im just doing a bit of research)but i just thought while I'm here i would wish you all the best of luck for the allocation of places.

p.s. great site, very imformative :P
shahreen

Post by shahreen »

thanku for that and nice to see another mum on here, yes it is a gr8 site loads of info on here speak 2 u soon
rax

Post by rax »

Yes, Mitasol, we could be here for years to come! My younger ones are in years 3 and 1. I think you're right that subsequent efforts will be harder because there will be more pressure to succeed. At least we as parents will be better prepared (a bit like having your second or third baby!!).
Did I notice that you're not in Calderdale? Me neither, but just outside in the neighbouring authority, and only 2 miles from NHGS. In fact there were a lot (about 9 in class) of kids from my son's school who took the test. It's quite a popular option in our village!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hello Halifaxmum - Welcome. :D

Rax - I do live just outside the borders. This seems to be a bit of tetchy subject at the moment on lots of the forums. :?

It looks like we will be will be hanging around together with our Yr3's. :D
Haze

Post by Haze »

My second is year 3 too (eldest is year 5 now). However I don't think I'll be spending too much time tutoring her. She's a beautiful, caring and happy girl, but academic...? I think that may be a bit too much of a struggle.

You never know though. She may just discover her brain in the next couple of years. :D
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Some children are late starters. My youngest comes to mind! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now