Altrincham Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Haze77

Altrincham Girls

Post by Haze77 »

Hi. We are moving over the summer to Altrincham and our daughter will be sitting the Entrance Exam for Altrincham girls School in September.

What I want to find out is that will the fact that we have recently moved to the area affect our daughters admission to Altrincham girls. Our previous address is outside the catchment area.

Many Thanks in advance.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Having just answered your other post I'm now confused! Is this question in relation to another daughter who will be in Y6 in Sept and taking the entry test for 2010 Y7?
Haze77

Post by Haze77 »

Sorry for the confusion. I have 2 daugters, one currently in Year 5 and one in Year 7.

Many Thanks.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

OK then :)

Am I right in presuming that you have already applied for the Sept exam with your current address but you will have a local address by the time of the exam? If so, then you will be fine. When you have moved you need to contact Admissions to let them know of the change of address and try and persuade them to confirm to you in writing that the change has been made.
Haze77

Post by Haze77 »

We have not applied for the september exam yet. We will send in the form once we have moved as the deadline is 20th August.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

That's fine then. Good luck.
adam

Admissions

Post by adam »

Hi
Do you know how many applied this year? We live in davyhulme, but are not sure if our duaghter will have a chance of geting aplace even though we live within the 8 mile catchment radius.
caz

Re: Admissions

Post by caz »

adam wrote:Hi
Do you know how many applied this year? We live in davyhulme, but are not sure if our duaghter will have a chance of geting aplace even though we live within the 8 mile catchment radius.

i heard that 800 have applied
cleo

Post by cleo »

Does anyone know how boys sat the Alty exam who live in the catchment area.
caz

Post by caz »

i dont know how many are in the catchment but i know 900 sat the test on saturday 200 on monday and there is another test on the 21st !!!!!!!!!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now